four

It was now 6:00, a few hours since Michael had come to ask for sugar. My parents and my sister were now all home. It was almost 3 hours later and my mind was still dwelling on this boy who now lived next door to me.

I was flustered at the fact that Michael didn't make me feel uncomfortable. He actually made me feel at ease, something that people who I had just met didn't do. His large hands were soft and warm as they shook mine. He had a warm smile that screamed friendliness. I also couldn't get past his plump lips, they looked so smooth, smooth enough to give you gentle little kisses all over your face.

Holy shit.

I was actually thinking about kissing him. Something I found ridiculous and pointless. This wasn't me at all. It wasn't like me to dwell on a boy's features, especially ones I just met. This Michael boy was taking a toll on me and I had only spoken to him for a brief time.

My thoughts were once again interrupted as the doorbell rang. "I'll get it" I shouted loud enough for everyone to hear. I opened the door to be greeted with a middle aged woman and Michael with a plate of cookies. My mom walked behind me to see who was at the door and I guess she didn't get the memo about the neighbors because she stood there with a confused gaze. "Can I help you?" she asked politely like I had earlier.

"Oh, sorry. We're the new neighbors. I'm Misty and this is Michael.  We just moved here from Sydney and we thought we'd bring you some cookies to introduce ourselves." she said eagerly, much differently than Michael earlier had. My mom beamed as she took the plate and invited them inside. 

Liz stuck her hand out at me and again I was forced to shake another person's hand. When I grabbed her hand I felt extremely uncomfortable unlike when I shook Michael's hand. But I just smiled and let go. 

Michael shyly greeted me and I closed the door behind us once they walked in. We were all seated on the couch and we were all conversing. Misty was talking about Michael and said that he'd be going to school with me. I wanted to  roll my eyes because I knew that there was something about Michael that changed my feeling about contact and I wanted to keep away from him, but instead I just plastered on a fake smile and stay silent.

Then, my sister walked out with her hair in a towel and some cream all over her face. She took in the scene and I guess she saw Michael and didn't want him to see her because she screamed and ran back in her room. I heard a door slam shut and we sat in silence for a few seconds before Michael broke out laughing.

His laugh was so perfect, it could bring world peace I swear. He threw his head back and squinted his eyes and I couldn't deny that what just happened was hilarious. I too started giggling uncontrollably and eventually everyone joined in. My sister reappeared and walked out with her hair down and her face back to normal.

She introduced herself and we continued talking. Eventually the Cliffords decided it was time to leave so they did. But before they did, Michael gave me a small piece of paper. His fingers brushed against mine, sending goose bumps along my arm.

I unfolded the tiny piece of paper and examined it. There were numbers on it. 10. It took me a few seconds to realize that this was his phone number. I felt my cheeks heat up and I headed upstairs. I debated calling him and decided to just go to sleep. I crawled into my bed and snuggled against the soft sheets. I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep. Hours passed as I tossed and turned. I turned my phone to display the time. It read 1:06 AM.

I couldn't take it so I walked over to my window and opened it. To my surprise, right across from me was a peaceful looking Michael. His elbows were placed on the ledge of the window and when my window opened his green eyes shot open.

"Can't sleep?" he said with a small grin. "Nope" I replied with a sigh. He looked behind him and pulled out a ladder looking thing. He pushed it out his window and pushed it to mine. "Grab it" he said with a strained voice. I did as I was told and rested it on my window ledge, unsure of his plan.

"Come on." he said as he waved his hand signaling me to cross. "Are you crazy?!" I whisper-shouted. "Please, just, trust me." he said seriously. I sighed in defeat as I cautiously crawled onto the ladder. I crawled over to his window and jumped in.

As I looked around I became aware of what I was actually doing. I had just met this boy and now I was in his room at one in the morning. I looked at his with sorry eyes and told him I had to go back. What if he was going to murder me or rape me? I started going back before he grabbed my hand which sent jolts of bliss through my body.

I closed my eyes and turned around to face him. He pulled me closer to him and stared into my eyes. I felt so comfortable with him. I actually loved being close to him. "Stay." he pleaded. He was getting attached to me quickly and I wasn't sure if I wanted that. I knew this was wrong so I softly pushed him away and climbed back to my room. I jumped back in my room and turned around to see a sad eyed Michael looking back at me.

I sighed and closed the window. I knew I couldn't get involved with him so I had to stay away from him. I knew that things would get messy if we got attached so it would be best to just stay away. I crawled back into my bed and immediately fell asleep.

Ok hi guys. :) I didn't really like this chapter idk why but when I read it I find myself cringing at how I wrote it lol. But anyways these updated will get better and longer but I need to get into the story first. So please bear with me and once again if you shared this story that would be amazing. k bye ly :)