five

The next morning I arose to the sound of rock music being blasted. I jolted up and tried to find the source of the ruckus as I slipped on my slippers. I heard the music coming from outside and I put the pieces of the puzzle together.

I threw my window open and screamed at Michael through his open window. "WOULD YOU MIND KEEPING IT DOWN??!!" I screamed. Michael turned down the music and looked over at me with smug written all over his face. "Oh I'm sorry did I disturb you?" he said sweetly. I tried to make an angry face at him but ultimately failed when he informed me that I looked like an angry puppy.

I rolled my eyes and turned around before he yelled "Wait!" I turned back around and gave him a 'what do you want now?' look. "Do you want to hang out today?" he asked shyly. I knew I shouldn't hang out with him alone if I didn't want to get attached  to him. "Well I was going to the fair today soooooo.." I trailed off hoping he'd get the message. "Oh great I'll tag along!" he said looking rather pleased. Hopes crushed.

I closed my window and decided get ready. I climbed into the shower after I stripped down and sang. I finished getting ready and called my friend Emma to inform her that Michael was coming. I could hear her giddiness through the phone as I told her that I was bringing a boy.

I called up Michael to see if he was ready and he had been for a while so I went and knocked on his door. Misty opened up the door and beamed at me. God this woman was cheery. We made small talk as we waited for Michael to come downstairs.

We heard someone running downstairs and we turned to see a very tall Michael heading down. I will never get past how big he is. He had a grey Nirvanna shirt on and some black skinny jeans on. He kissed his mom on the cheek and put his arm around my shoulder  as we headed out. I guess he felt me tense up at the gesture because he lowered his arm and stopped walking.

"Do you like, not like me or something? I mean did I do something because you hesitated at shaking my hand, you're quiet around me, and whenever I try to remotely touch you, you won't have it. So what's up?" he asked with a hint of annoyance in his tone. I was honestly kind of mad at him. What did he want me to do, sell my soul to him? "Well sorry if I'm not your best friend a day after meeting you. I just met you and you invited me in your room at one in the morning last night and-" "You accepted!" his voice was louder and he sounded angry as he stepped closer to me.

I was done with this, I had just met this boy and he was toying with me so I turned around and headed back inside. "Daisy!" he called after me. I paid no attention to him and entered my house, slamming the door behind me. I stomped up to my room, flustered.

I grabbed my radio and turned on some All Time Low. Their fast-paced loud songs seemed to match my mood so I sat down on my bed and sang along to the song. The exciting chorus came on and I felt my anger melt away. I felt bad for exploding at Michael, he was just trying to solve a problem. I walked over to my window which was left open.

I rested my elbows on the ledge and rested my face on my hands. A few seconds later Michael came over to his window and mimicked my actions. "Was that you singing?" he asked with a smile full of awe. I blushed in realization that he had heard me singing. I nodded instead of speaking, afraid that my voice would crack. "You're amazing. Very few people can hit that high note like Alex can." he commented. If even possible, my cheeks grew redder.

I apologized for blowing up and we decided to go to the fair. This time though, he kept his distance. We drove in silence to the fair and I called Emma who was with her boyfriend. While Michael and John were talking, Emma and I spoke. "So this is like a double date." she said as she wiggled her eyebrows.

"I don't like him!" I defended. She rolled her eyes as she told me that she saw us holding hands. I hadn't realized that we were. "Oh" was all I could say. She raised her eyebrows at me as we walked back to the boys. Everyone had decided that we should go on the big roller coaster, everyone except me. My stomach was doing flips as we stood in line. I knew I couldn't tell Emma that I was scared or she'd call me a pussy, and I didn't even know her boyfriend, and Michael was just, no.

So I stood in line and sucked it up. The world would keep spinning, and it was only about 30 seconds. We were next in line and I felt like crying but I was 17 years old and I needed to get over this.

Michael decided to get us the seats in the very front, great. We sat down and the worker strapped us in. This was it. I decided it was time to tell Michael I couldn't go through with this, but it was too late. The buzzer started counting down from 10. I turned over to Michael with tears forming in my eyes. I was being such a baby and I knew Michael would make fun of me. "Are you re- what's wrong?" he asked, genuinely worried. "I can't do this. I'm such a baby but I can't." I frantically told him. He couldn't stop the ride for me so I don't know why I was telling him.

He tried telling the guy to stop but the counter was down to 4. He knew he couldn't do anything else so he just grabbed my hand and held on tight. He was doing it again, he was calming me down, just with his touch and his warmth. The cart shot off and we went over loops and bumps and curves. I was actually having fun so looked over at Michael who looked like he was going to puke. I squeezed his hand a and he looked at me and smiled.

The ride came to a halt and I whooped and clapped. Michael got up and almost lost his balance. I giggled at his state and thanked him as he pulled me up. We continued the rest of the day, not going back to the coaster. Michael won me a teddy bear that was almost as big as me. I laughed at another cliché moment that we shared. We headed home and Michael pulled into his own driveway since my house was right next door.

We stood awkwardly before he reached in for a hug but I tensed up again. He pulled away and sighed. "Whatever. Good night." he said with annoyance laced in his voice. He turned around and walked away and slammed the door behind him. I felt guilty being against touch but it was something I couldn't help. I had grown to almost like disliking human touch. But not anymore. I was growing older and I couldn't stay in my bubble forever.

I sighed and hugged my teddy bear as I headed back to my house.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi guys :) I probably won't post much "today" (I put today in quotes because it's midnight rn) because it's my sister's birthday so we're gonna hang with her today. Anyways I hoped you guys liked this chapter bc I thought it was kinda cute :) Anyways I hope you guys have a good day (or night) wherever u are anyways love u :)

ps. all time low reference whoop :p