Chapter Ten

Brittany's POV

"Summer!" Freeze and I called in unison.

"Britty, Freeze Breeze!" She ran over to us and gave a group hug.

"Make me barf." I heard Lexi mutter, followed by what I can only describe as gagging noises. I sent her a glare when we pulled out of the hug but she just smirked. Evil little...

"What are you doing here?" I asked Summer.

She pointed to her brother. "Do you really think Spring is responsible enough to handle you all?"

"Hey!" He protested but she waved him off. "Whatever. I have stuff to do anyway."

"More like parties to attend." I heard Lexi mumble, rolling her eyes.

He sent her a death glare. "I'm leaving now. I can't stand being here any longer. Summer is in charge."

"What!" Lexi screamed. "She is younger than I am!"

"By, like, a week!" Summer exclaimed.

Spring crossed his arms and looked straight at Lexi, "When you are born into one of the most powerful sorcery families in existence, have gone through years of intense training and have had real hands on experience with dangerous situations... you can be in charge."

Lexi turned to look at Summer, mouth agape. "You've been in dangerous situations?" and almost laughed at how stupid it sounded.

"Being one of the five most powerful sorcerers known isn't all fun and games. I have to help stop people from using sorcery for evil. That's why I'm hardly ever allowed out of that stupid place, with stupid people!" She admitted, turning to face Spring for the last part

"Hey!" Spring protested, "I'm not stupid."

"I beg to differ." Summer raised an eyebrow at him. He shrugged and shook his head as if to say 'what are you talking about.' She rolled her eyes and continued, "Must I bring up the peanut butter story?"

"NO!" He screamed as if it would kill him.

This was enough to perk Lexi's interest. "Ooh, do tell." She urged. "NO!" He squealed again in a high-pitched girly voice.

"Come on don't be a spoil-sport Spring. Ha...alliteration" A girl said, joining in on our conversation. She had short dark brown, almost black, hair that faded into purple at the bottom and it was obviously dyed. She was much taller than I was, at least three inches, and really tan with a few freckles spread across her face.

"Butt out." Spring spat. Wow. Someone doesn't like her...

"Never." She grinned evilly.

Lexi piped up again, I'm surprised it took so long. "Can we get back to the matter at hand... Spring and peanut butter."

"Oh god! Summer I'll do anything for you not to tell that story." Spring begged

Summer tapped her chin with her finger, "Hmm... to tell or not to tell?"

"Pleassseeeee." He fell to his knees.

"I guess I don't need to tell it now." She shrugged.

"Huh?" He raised an eyebrow.

"You just proved how stupid you are without me telling the story."

"How?"

She didn't say anything, but she pointed to where he had his knees on the ground.

"What? Cause I'm begging?"

"Look again." She stifled a laugh.

He brought one knee up and looked at it.