Chapter One

Author's note: Hey to anyone who is reading this!

I just want to warn everyone before you start reading that there is quite a bit of swearing in here, escpecially from Lexi's POV. Please bear with me at the beginning as there is a lot of explaning but it is important for you to understand the story. It gets better later on.

I also wanted you to know that for my cast of characters, some of them are much older now but the characters are based off what they looked like at the age of the character. (for example Camilla Belle/Imogen is like 20 or 30 but Imogen is played by her when she was 5)

I dedicate my chapters to my favourite authors on Wattpad or if they have a book I find truly amazing. I'm dedicating this chapter to imaginator1D because her 'After' series is one of the best things I've read since I joined Wattpad!

On the side there is a picture of Brittany-------------------------->

Thanks for reading!

--------------------------------------

Brittany's POV

Life has a habit of throwing us curveballs. The only thing I can say for certain is exactly that; nothing is certain. Ironic, isn't it? Anger is what controls us, consumes us, makes us act irrationally and, as a result, do things we never thought we were capable of.

Well, that's what I had thought.

Now, as I was laying on the ground, gasping for air these thoughts and many others ran through my head. My eyelids felt heavy and I wanted nothing more than to stand up and punch the figure looming near me.

My name was piercing through the air from all directions as my body started to dissolve. And can you guess all that I could think about in that moment where I had come to terms with the fact I was about to fade into nothing?

"Dark."

...why couldn't I have chosen a better last word.

All of this started (believe it or not) just two months prior; scary thought I'm sure. So much can change in such a short time and all that I'm left with is the overwhelming urge to go back and hit that naive little whiner I call my past self over the head with a wooden chair. Twice.

It was a beautiful Friday morning, or it would have been if you're one of those people who loves the rain like I did. Every nerve in my body was standing on edge, waiting for the moment I would lock eyes with the person who hated me the most in this world... My sister.

It was an extremely complicated story, so rather than boring you with hours of monotonous gabble, here it is from the beginning, or at least the closest thing to it.

I was cruising down the freeway with my hair blowing in the wind thanks to a roofless Ferrari that my dad claimed gave 'a good impression' to his business clients, but I knew it was just a distraction. From what exactly, I couldn't be sure but I was sure it had something to do with a word that started with an A and also ended with an A. Alexia.

Ever since my father had been posted with a job in Australia, I had been holding my breath in anticipation of meeting the fireball that was my sister; quite literally. My mind kept running different scenarios of how she would react to the news I was back. I knew for a fact mum wouldn't tell her or she would be halfway to Mexico right now with the ladybird backpack I knew she still held close to her heart from the days she could stand to be around me.