Chapter Seven

When I got out to the field, I looked around and saw it was empty.

"Hi!" A voice chirped from behind me.

I spun around quickly and placed my hand over my heart in shock. "Holy shit, Emma! You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Don't be silly! That saying doesn’t make sense… I’ve never really gotten it.” She looked off thoughtfully.

"Em, where is everyone?" I asked looking around once again.

"They left about ten minutes ago. I've been looking for you everywhere." She answered.

"How long was I gone?" Please don't be bad. Please don't be bad. Please don't be bad.

She shrugged, "About an hour. What happened?"

"Nothing." I lied, a little bit quickly for my liking.

She raised an eyebrow, “Really?" I just gulped and nodded. "Ok, well follow me. You’re coming to my house." She started to walk off and I followed her. As we were nearing the car park, she looked over her shoulder and added, "Oh, and by the way Brittany... You have cloud on your back."

Damn you clouds...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tada!" Emma did the cheesy jazz hands as we entered her house. It wasn't huge but it was two stories and everything was perfectly in place.

"Your house is amazing!" I complemented as I followed her into what I assume is the living room.

"Thank you. We've lived her since we were kids."

We... WE! I almost forgot about Zac

"Sis, Sam's looking for you." Speak of the devil.

"Go away Zac! Just tell him I have company." Emma demanded.

Zac turned his attention to me. "Oh look it's the seat stealer."

"Brittany." I groaned. There was an awkward silence settling upon us and I was the first to break it, "Sooo... You guys are twins? That must be cool."

Yeah cause I totally have no idea what that's like.

Zac laughed, but when he looked up at me, he realised I was serious. "How can you possibly compare me to... her?"

"Ouch?" Emma said sarcastically.

"If you’re not twins, then why are you both in my year?" I asked.

"I was born in February and Zac was born in October. My mum fell pregnant again straight after I was born. Though, god knows why she'd want... Him" Emma explained. I had to laugh at this. Their hate for each other was clear. They both said him and her in the same disgusted voice.

"Yeah. I got the brains as well the beauty and she got..." He looked at her deep in thought, "Nothing actually."

I rolled my eyes, "I beg to differ."

The sound of lightning cracking came from the kitchen.

"What the hell was that?" I asked startled.

The siblings looked at each other then back at me, "Sam!" They said in unison, before running into the kitchen. I followed suit and walked in to find a little boy standing there and a storm cloud in the corner of the room.

"Sam... Is that your storm?" Emma questioned.

The little boy looked down at his hands then hid them behind his back and plastered on an innocent smile. "No."