Post-Tour Plans

Stevie's POV

Tour's over and it's been a long one. Not in terms of the number of shows or that we had spent months on the road, leg after leg, but it was so mentally and emotionally exhausting. A lot has happened and frankly, I just want to go home, relax. Like I'm sure we all used to when we were kids, we're all laying on the floor listening to some record. It's quiet and I think right now, this is my happy place. Lindsey gives me a mischievous look, patting his shirt pocket and I nod, my eyes lighting up. Lindsey lights up a joint and takes a long drag, passing it to me.

"Thanks babe" I say.

"Any post tour plans?" Mick asks, taking a hit then blowing the smoke out his nostrils. "Chris?"

"Nothing much, really? Going home, becoming a hermit. What else is new?"

"True enough." John replies and Christine swats at him. The banter between them is still playful as ever. Chris and John have something so special. "I will most likely be out on the boat or at home with the wife."

"Want a little?" Christine asks and he shakes his head. "Suit yourself then. More for me." She takes another drag and sits up, passing it back to Lindsey.

"How about you, Buck?" Mick asks.

"Well, as you know, Steph and I have been pretty cozy and really learning each other again. We are communicating much better now. I think we are finally growing up." Lindsey takes my hand. "Last night, I asked her to marry me." Mick sits up, shocked, John and Christine following suit.

"And?" Christine asks.

Now that everyone is staring at us, we sit up as well, looking around our circle of friends.

"Well, don't keep us in suspense!" Mick urges.

"I said yes" I say excitedly, leaning over to kiss Lindsey. "So I guess our plans are simple. We want to get married and just enjoy each other."

"Any little Buckingham's in the future?" John asks.

"Maybe" Lindsey answers, smiling and I blush wildly as he waggles his eyebrows at me.

"Stevie...are you pregnant?" Christine sees our exchange and I'm sure the question begs to be asked.

"Not yet" I tell her and she touches her hand to her chest.

"We're working on it" Lindsey winks at Mick and he claps him on the shoulder. If I weren't blushing before, I'm totally blushing now.

"Good luck, mate. I know you're both busy with projects but I hope you get all you want. We always knew you were a package deal, I'm glad you're making it official."

"Thanks, man."

"Don't ruin my next album though, okay?" Mick teases.

"Ruin it how?"

"No fighting, either of you." He points at us and Lindsey puts his hands up in defense.

"I don't think that will be a hard promise to keep" I say, pressing my forehead with Lindsey's. John and Christine make kissing noises and chuckle like idiots together. Lindsey pulls away first, giving those two quite the look which only makes them laugh harder.

"Well, this is toast" Lindsey says, stubbing out his joint. "Anyone want me to roll a second?"

"Maybe we should be leaving and going to bed instead of smoking grass all night" I suggest. John seems like he's on my side, wanting the comfort of a bed instead of the hard floor, Mick is down for whatever and Christine already has plans with a bottle of white and a box of chocolates, she already said so at soundcheck.

"We used to. Don't you remember?" Lindsey is getting handsy and I know right then and there that the joint we shared, wasn't his first. Sneaky little devil!

"Of course I remember but I'm tired." I tell him, giving him a not so subtle look. He doesn't seem to get it and I roll my eyes. "I want to go to our room...alone" I whisper and his eyes widen.

"Oh, okay." He's such a dope. Mick laughs, my intentions lost on no one. Jeez!

"Well, I guess we ought to head off then since the little lady has plans for you, Buck." As the little sister of the group, not only do they protect me fiercely but they also pick on me in very much the same manner. Sometimes I feel like it's a constant game of 'who can scare Stevie?' or 'who can make Stevie blush?'

We get up and head to the door and Linds grabs my purse. The gifts and things from the show are already at the hotel. We leave tomorrow for home and I am more than happy to spend some time with him.

He wraps his arm around me as we head to the long black car, which had obviously been waiting patiently for us as we were all goofing off. Working for us can't be easy. Mick, John and Lindsey are passing around a flask of I don't know what, Christine is smoking with the window cracked, unimpressed by the fools and I'm writing in my journal. I look up occasionally as I scribble some words on the page, trying to keep up with my mind. The boys are getting rowdy as the car stops and the doors open. Mick nearly eats it on the pavement as he scrambles to get out, Lindsey and John all bump into him, proceeding to laugh at each other, claiming one 'saved' the other from certain death. I close up my book and put it back into my bag. Lindsey offers me a hand and I get out of the car. John helps Christine out, such a gentleman, then they all morph back into buffoons. Christine rolls her eyes behind her light colored aviator glasses and I snort.

"Brunch tomorrow, Stevie?" Christine asks.

"What time are we leaving?"

"Noon, two, five...I don't know, darling. Might have to ask. If not tomorrow, maybe when we're home we can meet up."

"Sounds great"

"Good night, dear. Sweet dreams and all that."

"Thanks, you too!" We part ways after the elevator, going to our rooms. Lindsey takes my hand in his and kisses my shoulder then my cheek. Leaning into me, he presses to get to my neck. I allow him access and he presses me to the door of our room. His hands massage my waist and I can tell he's getting impatient. I giggle a little as his kisses become feather light. I expected something much more sloppy that would leave a mark I had to cover up the next day. "Open the door" I breathe and he nods against my shoulder. He forces the key into the lock and we both practically fall through the door. He kicks it shut behind us, undressing me as we find the bed, falling back onto it. He's gentle, working on his own belt buckle as we continue to kiss and grope each other hungrily. "I thought you'd be tired"

"No way, we have to celebrate our engagement...again" His hand finds mine and he kisses where the ring should be on my left hand. Minor details, we can sort that out when we get home. I know Lindsey is probably planning something.

My thoughts disappear as I focus on him, gazing into his eyes as he worships me from above, whispering his love for me. Our bodies press together in the heat of the room, both of us set on fire. My fingers find his curls and he smiles down at me. He's so handsome, my Lindsey, and he truly takes breath away. I lean up to kiss him and he deepens it. My mouth opens with a moan and I can feel his lips curling against mine. When we're spent, he cuddles up to me, his chest against my back and we fall asleep together, tangled up in our bedsheets and each other until late the next morning.

A/N: decided to start something lighter to balance the darkness of my other story. Not entirely sure where I'm going with this or how long it will be but I haven't written in first person for a while so I thought I might with this one. Please tell me what you think!