Painful Memories

After the branding ceremony, Draco Malfoy shall be assigned to the simple task of eliminating Albus Dumbledore. Your mission, Scarlett Rosier, is to make sure the task is made complete before the end of your sixth year. No one must know about your mission, not even Draco. If he fails, then you must kill Dumbledore yourself. No exceptions. Any failures in the mission shall result in immediate death.

Burn this once you've read it.

Scarlett blinked.

Then she blinked again.

Surely, she must be reading this paper wrong. She gulped as her panicked eyes scanned over the unsigned paper. Kill Dumbledore. Her grandfather. That was just barbaric. She couldn't, she wouldn't. And Draco, oh my. He doesn't know yet.

Her heart clenched, her hands reaching out to soothe her chest. Nothing could ease her distress.

"Don't worry, I'll help you kill the old man."

Her eyes narrowed and snapped towards James. "Go kill yourself!"

James smirked. "I've always loved that about you, Liz." He leaned into her, his rippled chest brushing against her own. His amber eyes zeroing in on her face, more specifically her luscious red lips. "You never took shit from anyone before, though you're worse now." He paused thoughtfully, his hand caressing her thighs. "Except for when it come to me, of course."

She pulled away from him and stood up. "Bite me."

"Gladly," he smirked coyly. She felt weird as he stared intensely at her. "You won't admit it to yourself, but I know you still want me." He stood up, his warm breath hit her ear and her breathing become labored. "Just look at yourself. Your body's reacting to me and I haven't even touched you."

Her fist tightened but she remained silent.

James, however, did not. He was enjoying himself. "Besides," he lips gently brushed against the back of her neck. "Your boyfriend won't have the balls to kill the old man, so he'll be exterminated. We might as well get back together now and save ourselves the trouble of waiting." He kissed her soft skin and she instantly retracted. Her hand flying as she smacked him hard in his face.

She didn't stop there. Scarlett pushed him onto the bed, as her tiny fist beat him repeatedly. She was blinded by anger as she hit him over and over again. "You pompous bastard! How dare you touch me? How dare you say you want me back when you cheated on me?"

She shouted. "You were the one who didn't want me! You were the one who left me heartbroken! Because of you I pushed every single guy away from me, in fear that they'd do the same!" She panted, her hands caught inside of his palms. Her eyes were red and blotchy, her cheeks stained with tears. "I fucking hate you, James. I don't want you anymore, I want Draco. Only Draco"

Scarlett stared down at him, her face getting red as she realized their compromising position. Her hips straddling his. But it wasn't like old times. She wasn't giddy with excitement. No, this time she felt uncomfortable and disgusted. It didn't feel right.

James smirked at her, though it didn't reach his eyes. "I'm sorry, Liz." He sat up but didn't let her go. "I know what I did was wrong and I have a horrible excuse."

"What is it?" she asked, despite herself.

"Your father paid me to break up with you." Those nine words hit her like a bulger. "You know how addicted I was to cocaine. You remembered all those times at the club how I'd lose it. How I introduced you to stripping, that way I could get money for my addiction and you could get it for yours. We were both fucked up."