Crushed

"I insist," Professor Slughorn smiled giddily.

Scarlett's returned it, feeling honored. "Alright, you've sold me." His hand reached out to shake hers and she did. Her face rosy and delightful. "I'll go to your Christmas party."

"Great!" he clapped his hands delighted. "You're now apart of the slug club, and it is customary to attend these types of functions."

Scarlett smiled. She had never been invited to join a club before.  "Alright Professor, see you there. I'll try to look my very best!" she beamed before running off to tell Draco of this new development.

Lately, Draco had taken it upon himself to fix the Vanishing Cabinet in the room of requirement. Honestly, Scarlett saw no point to the damn thing seeing as it was clearly broken. Draco spoke seldom about the cabinet, but Scarlett managed to learn that it had a twin in Borgin and Burkes. Draco had yet to tell her how the blasted thing worked and Scarlett was too lazy to look it up in the library.

As she raced up to the seventh floor she noticed Crabbe and Goyle outside keeping watch. She sneered at the two pest. They hadn't left Draco's side since the incident in Hogsmeade with Katie. It put a damper on their sex life that was for sure.

"Hello Idiots," she greeted in disgusted as she saw them munching away at some pumpkin pastries. "I need to see my boyfriend so if you'll just move to the side-"

"Can't do that," Crabbe interrupted.

Scarlett saw red. "And why the bloody hell not?"

Goyle answered. "Malfoy has strict instructions on no one entering the room."

"But I'm his girlfriend," she argued.

"No matter. He said no one and that includes you!" Crabbed gobbled away while talking.

Scarlett could not believe these two imbeciles. She reached into her robe for her wand, ready to hex them into oblivion, when a hand stopped her. Turning around she noticed James was there, smirking at her. And as adorable as he looked with his Ravenclaw robe and reading glasses, she needed to see her man and tell him about her day.

"Stop it, Liz." He paused as he reached into his pocket. He pulled out a quill and handed it to her. "Come with me somewhere, I need your help with something."

She stared at the quill in bewilderment. What could he possibly need help with that involved a quill pen. She began to say no, but the hopeful expression on his face made her think twice. Scarlett knew Draco would be upset but here he was ignoring her.

"Why should I go anywhere with you?" She argued.

He smirked. His amber eyes soft, almost as if amused by her question. "Simple. You should come with me because you want to." She went to argued but he cut her off. "Stop. Don't deny it. You miss having a friend and here I am. I know you better than anyone else."

She thought about it for a moment and followed him without another word.

James led the way into the library. Scarlett began to regret her decision once he steered them towards a table in the back. She noticed he had a potions book with him and it made her nose scrunch up in confusion.

"You brought me to the library?" She asked, confused.

"Yes," he paused timidly. His hand reaching behind his head to scratch. It was a nervous gesture she noticed. " I need help with my homework."

Now hell had frozen over. Never, not ever, in their entire relationship had they ever sat down to do any type of work. They were always known as the lazy couple. And even broken up they never did anything productive.