The Vow

Th next few days flew by unevenfully. Atleast for Scarlett they were dreadfully boring. Draco had demanded for Madame Pomfrey to treat Scarlett immediately and even after her bones were repaired, he somehow managed to get her to keep Scarlett there longer. Today, however, was her release and Scarlett could not have been happier. Her ankle was still a bit sore but she was well on her way to recovery.

Scarlett wanted to relax. And you'd think that she did just that for the past few days but nope. Granger was dead serious when she declared enough room for their so called 'friendship', and in that friendship, it included, bringing Scarlett all of her missed homework. At first Scarlett was mad at Neville for confiding in the mudblood but now she didn't mind so much because well... atleast she came to visit.

Daphne never was nowhere to be found, that bitch and Pansy had alot of Prefect duties. Speaking of Prefects, Draco did not come not even once. Hermoine had told her that Draco was doing everything in his power to get Hagrid fired. I honestly did not feel for the big oaf. Neville had also came, he would come in and give Scarlett her Herobolody homework and even explained in DETAIL about each and every species of plant known to man. She loved Neville but that was toture beyond words.

"You're free to go, Ms. Rosier and remember no excessive force." Madame Pomfrey reminded her and Scarlett listened though she acted like she didn't.

Depressingly enough, she had to walk out of the hospictal wing alone. She may have hated the mudblood at one point but her company was, dare she say it...missed. Unfortuntaly Hermione had Prefect duties with Ron. Harry dislisked her and Neville was tutoring some kid in Herbology. Her minions were unreliable and Draco...he didn't care.

As she walked slowly down the corridor with no particular destination, she noticed a mob of students picking on a small first year. The girl was small with dorky glasses framing her fragile face. On any other day Scarlett would have walked away unphased but the little girl spoke the four words that broke Scarlett's heart and stirred one of the many horrific memories she had to endure as a child.

"Please don't hurt me!"

***

"Please don't hurt me!" The thirteen year old Scarlett begged her father. "I'll be a good girl, please daddy! I'll change!"

"Silence! You are an embarassment to this family. Just look at Rebecca," he gesture towards her older sister who stood calmly, smirking at the scene before her. "Now she's a Rosier. You! You're nothing but a shame! Now go to the cellar and wait for your punishment!" he screamed and kicked the child in her face before storming off.

"I want my brother! I want Jeremy! Where's Jeremy?" Scarlett cried.

Rebecca went up to her laughing and bent down. "Don't you remember sis? He's dead."

***

"She's begging, how muggle of her!" Daphne's voice could be heard mocking the girl.

Scarlett stood up straighter and glared at the pack of Slytherins. She marched over there as best she could and yanked the little girl away from their evil cluthes.

"What's this?" Daphne laughed mockingly as the little girl coward behind Scarlett's skirt. "So this is what you do when you're not out doing what you promised? Saving little mudbloods, how sad?"

Scarlett eyes narrowed. "Go!" She told the little girl and as she left, Scarlett's anger grew fiercer. She was beyond pissed. "Shut the fuck up Daphne! I can do whatever I bloody well want and as far as the 'promise' goes. I'm through with it." Daphne's face was full of shock.

"You can't do that!"

"Yes I can! Now out of my way simpleton! I have far better things to do then plan a boy's demise." Scarlett went to push past her but Daphne took out her wand. Scarlett was quicker though, as she knocked it right out of her hand with a simple disarming spell. "Move Daphne or you'll regret it."

"Finish the dare or I'll tell Draco," Daphne threaten.

Scarlett laughed hysterically and then violently latched onto Daphne's hair, yanking on it painfully. "You do that and I WILL tear you limb from limb. You're no match for me Daphne so don't pretend to be. Now I will walk away and act like you're not a total bitch but I shall make myself very clear. If Draco finds out, I don't care who told him, I'm coming after you." Daphne visibly gulped. "So unless you want to be decapitated, heed my warning."

With that being said, Scarlett walked away her troubles seemingly over. Little did she know, that Daphne was not going to back off that easily.

"She said Draco couldn't find out, fine! But I will break them up one way or another!" Daphne vowed as she turned to Millicient. "Go to the Ravenclaw tower and fetch me Sandy!"

***

"Come on, Scarlett it'll be fun!" Pansy begged Scarlett once again for her to attend the Ravenclaw's party. Apparently, they had decided to throw a thanksgiving dance or something of that sort. Scarlett could care less especially since that snake Sandy was the hoistess.

"I said no, Pansy. I'm sure it'll be fine but I'm not in the mood today. My ankle is sore and I am not in the best state of mind." Scarlett admitted and Pansy sighed.

"Daphne told me about your arguement earlier and what I don't understand is, why stick up for a mudblood. Scarlett they are inferior to us, you shouldn't lose a friend over some little peasant."

Scarlett's eyes turned murderous. She didn't need to listen to a bloody pureblood lesson."Get out! I will not explain myself to you. Now leave!"

"Fine," Pansy sighed. "I'll keep an eye on Draco for you."

Scarlett's eyes showed no interest though her ears perked up a bit. "I didn't know he was going but now that I think about it, he has been ignoring me since...that day so why wouldn't he."

"What happened between you guys? Why won't he speak with you? I know he cares."

"We didn't have sex. We almost did but then Blaise walked in and...we didn't." Scarlett stared down at her lap. "Then he got mad at me for going into the forest and now...he won't talk to me. I honeslty don't know what I did wrong." Scarlett then realized she was getting emotional. "But I don't care. Now go."

Pansy nodded helplessly and took her leave. Scarlett was very stubborn.

After she left Scarlett took a deep breath and decided to take a nice bubble bath. But first, she went into her secret stash and poured herself a nice tall glass of firewhiskey. The first sip burned her throat but the after effect was worth it.

As she undressed herself and slowly sat down into that hot and steaming bath, she began to loosen up. Maybe she was being a sourpuss. Who cares if Sandy the Slut was throwing the party? Her man was going to be there and although he was mad at her, Scarlett could seduce his anger away.

Afterall Christmas was next month and she'd be away from Draco for two whole weeks. She liked him and although she vowed to never fall in love with him, she liked what they had going on. So, instead of mopping around, Scarlett took initiative and got dressed up. She straightened her unruly hair red hair and wore a sexy black dress with red pumps to match. Her lips were a blood red color and her lashes were a mile long. There was no way he could resist her.

She glanced at her reflection one more time, pleased before exiting the dorm room. She did a spell to turn her wand into a black ring and now she felt confident and sexy. What else does a girl need?

"Crap," Scarlett cursed at the entrance to the Ravenclaw tower. She forgot that the Ravenclaws had a stupid riddle door. "Merlin, shoot me now!"

"What came first, the pheonix or the flame?"

Scarlett stared at the Eagle Knocker in fustration. "How the bloody hell should I know?"

"A circle has no begining," a voice answered behind Scarlett, making her jump in alarm. Suddenly the door opened, and Scarlett turned to see Luny Lovegood behind her. "Hello."

"...Hi." Scarlett answered unsure as they walked in together.

"You're here for the party," Luna told her and Scarlett resisted the urge to roll her eyes as they entered the loud room filled with music.

"Yea, what gave it away?" She said sacartically, her eyes looking for Draco, but Luna did not take notice. Instead she answered.

"The nice dress and shoes. You look very beautiful."

Scarlett smiled slightly. "Thanks."

"SCARLETT!" Pansy's loud voice could be heard rushing over to her. "What are you doing here? You can't be here."

"What? Pansy, I took you up on your offer. Why can't I be here?" Scarlett asked suspiciously.

"Oh my god, I-I'm so sorry." Pansy began apologizing. Scarlett's heart grew unsteady. "I tried to stop her but..."

"But what?"

"Draco's upstairs with Sandy."

Silence. The blaring music was muted. The crowded room was empty and the only thing Scarlett could focus on was Pansy and her sad expression. Scarlett's eyes darted towards the staircase and she didn't think twice, she ran upstairs. She unleashed her wand and blasted the girl's dorm room door down. That's when she saw them. It was undeniable. Draco was cheating on her.

Scarlett wanted to scream, she wanted to cry but she didn't. Who cares if he cheated? It's not like she loved him, liked yes but never loved. That's what she kept telling herself atleast.

"Scarlett!" Sandy shouted in shock, as they tried futily to cover themselves up. "Oops, I guess you had to find out the hard way."

Scarlett just shook her head glaring and ran out of the room before they could see the traitor tears that were falling down her face without permission. He didn't even have the decency to talk. Oh my, the betrayal was too much for her. She ran out of the tower and kept on going without halt. She ran and ran until her feet gave out. How could she be so stupid? She deserved it. She had agreed to the dare and Carma 's a bitch. Scarlett shook her head. Carma's a bloody wench that what she is!

"Scarlett?" A voice called behind her and she turned to see Granger.

"What do you want, mudblood?" she snapped.

Hermione was taken back. She was out on patrol and did not expect to find Scarlett huddled up crying by the courtyard. "Scarlett, what's wrong?" Silence. "You can tell me anything."

Scarlett picked her head up and the sincerity in Hermione's voice fogged her judgement because she told her everything. About the dare, liking Draco and even about her abusive father. She didn't tell her about the dark mark because she was a Gryffindor after all but she confided in her. Then after her confessions, Hermione pulled Scarlett into a warm, comforting hug and although she denied it, Scarlett truly needed one.

***

The next day was full of drama. Word had gotten out, thanks to Daphne, that Draco had 'cheated' on Scarlett. The supposedly true story was that Draco had not been at the party. Last night, he had been in Dumbledore's office, speaking with his father about Hagrid's dismissal. And although he did not get fired, Umbridge had demoted him. It was better than nothing. But when he woke up this morning, he had woken up to a pot full of lies.

Draco had searched everywhere for Scarlett but she seemed to be avoiding him. Draco was somehow saddened by this. He didn't know how to handle this. Usually he wouldn't care if a girl caught him cheating, he used to do it all the time but now with Scarlett he felt the needed to find a way to prove himself. This time he was really being faithful and now nobody believed him.

Even Blaise shook his head this morning calling Draco an idiot for letting Scarlett go. Draco flipped him off. I mean, why would he do that and with Sandy? He had already tapped that and it wasn't that good so why go back, especially if Scarlett makes him feel way better without it.

Right now however, the Slytherin's had Divination with the Gryffindors. Scarlett sat next to Hunter Greengrass again, making Draco's spine crawl. His fist clenched and he felt incresingly angry with their close proximity. She was ignoring the bloody brute but Hunter's advanced still set Draco on egde.

"Death!" Professor Twelaney began yelling to Harry Potter and Draco just scoffed.

Who cares? He avoided death once, he'd probably do it again. Besides, Umbridge didn't like Twelaney's perdiction last week so she'd probably be canned soon anyways. Draco did not care for any of them. He just needed a way to win Scarlett back. Draco decided as they were being dismissed, that he would suck up his pride and speak with her about it.

But as he left the classroom, Sandy pounced on him from out of nowhere.

"Oh Draco last night was amazing. Up for round two?" She yelled loudly causing Scarlett to glare at him. Surprisingly enough, she had been dragged away by Granger and Longbottom. Draco felt his heart drop. He was going to lose her.

"Get off of me!" Draco shoved her away and ran after his girl. He turned the corner screaming, "Scarlett come back! Listen to me! Scar-"

"What?"

Draco stopped in shock. He looked down to see Scarlett sitting on the window seal, her gorgeous legs crossed. Any other time he would have killed to touch them but today, he needed to focus on winning her back.

"It's a lie-" Draco started off but was cut off by laughing.

"Are you fucking serious?" Scarlett was in hysteria. "Where do you get off lying like this? Were you drunk or something because you know damned well that I saw you sleeping with Sandy!"

"What?" Draco started at her confused. "Have you gone mad? That never happened. I was in Dumbledore's office last night. I didn't go to such a low class party."

Scarlett scoffed though the sincerity in his voice threw her off. "I saw you," she said quietly, her voice raspy and ready to cry. "Y-you have been avoiding me all week and when I try to find you and make up for whatever I did wrong, because I still don't know what is it I did, I find you with someone else." She closed her eyes and bit her bottom lip.

Draco noticed that she always did this whenever she was upset. He immediately for bad for causing her any grief. She didn't deserve this.

"I-I really liked you Draco and you knew what my ex did to me and you go out and do the same exact shit! I'm done."

"Scarlett, I can explain-"

"Just...leave me alone Draco. Please," Scarlett begged and that's what did it for Draco. He had never heard her beg him for anything with such raw emotion in her voice.

Draco just nodded sadly. His pride was wounded and he would not beg even if it was Scarlett. Plus, he didn't want to cause her more pain, he just needed to clear his name and for her he would. He grabbed her face gently.

"I will prove to you that I did not cheat," he vowed kissing her forehead before walking away determindly.

Scarlett glared at his retreating figure, her tears finally falling down her face as she felt a pair of strong arms engulf her. She didn't need to look back to know that it was her best friend. Neville was always there for her and from now on, he would be the only guy she would ever trust again. She turned in his arms, snuggling into him like she used to with her big brother. Right then, she didn't care who saw her she just cried over and over again until her tears ran dry.

"Nobody can hurt me without my persmission," Scarlett sobbed and repeated what her brother would always tell her. "Nobody can hurt me without my permission. Nobody can hurt me without my persmisson. Nobody can hurt me..." she trailed off into more tears. If only it were true.