Angel On Fire

*edited*

Connor's pov

"You mean the Connor Franta? With Troye Mellet? Wow."

"Ew, what would their parents said if they found out."

"Heard someone saw them at a party. Never thought they would fucked."

The voices were getting louder and louder in Connor's ears, the words were piercing into his heart like a knife.

"Con-"

"Just leave me alone." I snapped while the blue eyed boy stopped in the middle of the school hallway. With annoyance, I stopped and turned around to face him. This past few days after everyone found out about us, I kept my distance away from him. I know I was being selfish but I need some space. Troye was always being supportive to me but I don't think he can fix things up this time.

All my friends ignored me after they found out. Even some of them mocked me about it but most of them stopped doing it since they ended up having a bloody nose or bruised eyes at the end of the day. I don't know what they do to Troye but he refused to tell me about it.

Everyone already left since school already finished for the day but somehow Troye knew I was hiding in the school's swimming pool the whole day. The tip of my hair still dripping with water and my eyes were red after hours of staying underwater with my eyes wide open. Swimming always been my escape everytime I was down since I was little and until now, swimming  was still my favourite escape.

"I'm sorry if you're embarrassed to be seen with me." My eyes widen at his words while his gaze locked with mine. A glimpse of anger and disappointment were clear in his ocean eyes and my heart shattered into pieces after those words slipped off from his lips.

"That's not what I meant-"

"I know you don't want to be seen with me. I know you're popular and shits and I'm just ruining your reputation and-"

"Troye!" I shouted while he wiped away his tears with the back of his hand. My face soften when he began to sob and I walked toward him before wrapping my arms around him securely.

Usually, Troye would be the dominant in our relationship and that's why it was quite awkward at first when I'm the one who's comforting him. I never thought about what he feels or how he was dealing with his own mind and they just make me feel ten times worst and the thought of him keeping it all to himself was terrifying. Connor has seen the scars on his wrist and thighs and he even asked him about it once, but all that Troye ever said was he was clean for a while now. I hope he was telling me the truth.

"I'm so so sorry."

》》》

"If there's one song that could describe me," He paused as he picked one of the wild flowers before plucking the petals one by one. "what would it be?" He lifted his chin up, his blue eyes bored into mine with affection.

"Hmm, let me think." I tapped my chin with my fingers, a smirked plastered on my face playfully.

"I think..." I trailed off as he still waited for my answers with hopes. When he realised that I was teasing him, he immediately hit my shoulder playfully with a pout.

"Connor, stop making me waiting!" He continued to hit my shoulder while I laughed. That day, we decided to skip school and hang out in the woods near our school. It was our own safe haven.

"Okay, okay." He stopped as he rested his head on my lap and play with the wild flower that he picked earlier again. I stared up at the pink skies and closed my eyes; breathing in the fresh air around us and remembering the sweet scent of the air mixed with his cologne.

"I don't know." Out of blue, I breath out the answer and kept my gaze at the skies above us. Troye reached out to touch my cheek and I locked my gaze with his. The corner of my lips curled up slightly at his touch.

"You don't have to tell me." He whispered as he rub my cheeks with his fingertips, his eyes filled with affection. I reached down to ran my fingers through his soft curls, his lips curled into a smile.

"I love you." He said as my breath hitched. It was his first time saying those three words to me. This moment would totally engraved in my mind.

I leaned down and kissed his lips lovingly, trying hard not to be too excited or anything. Troye's eyes was filled with hopes and I would stare into them forever without getting bored.

"I love you too."