Watch

Author's Note: Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I have had a lot of life things happen recently. In the same month, my dog of 13 years passed away and I found out I was pregnant with my first child. Needless to say, I have been a little distracted. Also, I was unsure of where I wanted to take this chapter. Bringing Maggie back at this point seemed natural but it has thrown a wrench in the story and how I want to portray her and Beth's relationship. I know I want Maggie to be slightly annoying and overprotective. My goal is to make this story feel as natural as possible. I don't want any moments with any of the characters to feel forced. Hopefully, I have figured that out now.

In an instant, Maggie crashed into me, crying hysterically, and hugging me so tightly I could barely breathe. But I didn't care. My whole family was together again. I was so overwhelmed with joy and relief that I began to cry too. How long had it been since I last saw Maggie? Maybe almost two months? That couldn't be right. It felt like a lot longer than that. But who knows? Time is hard to keep track of nowadays and it is not like it really matters anyways. She's here. Glenn's here. I'm here. My family is back together.

In between Maggie's cries I could hear her trying to say something. Although I could never make it out. Finally, when she calmed down, her voice became clearer. "I'm so sorry." She kept whispering that to me over and over. Almost like a plea, begging for forgiveness. What is she sorry for? For leaving me? For giving up on me? For thinking I was dead? That hurt that I felt when I found out she and Glenn left with Abraham began to creep back in to the front of my mind. I immediately ignored it. It's not important. We are all together and hurt feelings aren't going to do anyone any good. That is why I finally whispered back, "It's okay, Mags."

Her grip on me tightened at my words which I didn't even think was possible. She was like a boa constrictor wrapping up its prey and squeezing the life out of it slowly. Suddenly, I was very aware of how I really couldn't breathe now. Somehow, I managed to choke out, "Maggie..."

"Yeah?" She asked still maintaining her strong hold on me.

"I can't breathe."

Instantly she let me go and wiped her tears from her face. Then she looked at me with such concern. There was the big sister I remembered. "I'm sorry..."

"Yeah Maggie. And besides it's my turn." Glenn says from behind her as he comes and scoops me up into a big hug. I missed Glenn. He is always so fun, light hearted, but wise at the same time. He was a great mixture of Daddy and our brother, Shawn. I think that is why Maggie was drawn to him to begin with. He lifted my feet off the ground and shook me a little. I couldn't help but giggle at him. He put my feet back on the floor and let go.

I took a step back and looked from him to Maggie. "I missed you guys."

"We missed you too." Maggie said giving me another quick hug.

I could feel everyone watching us especially Abraham, Eugene and the two ladies behind them. "Aren't you going to introduce us?" I say gesturing in Abraham's direction. Glenn wasted no time in confirming the big army man was indeed Abraham and mullet man was Eugene. Pigtails' name was Rosita and the other woman was Tara. She looked familiar but I didn't know where I had seen her before. I smiled at each of them. Tara and Eugene smiled back while Abraham and Rosita just nodded at me.

I turned to look at Noah again realizing he still didn't know who Maggie and Glenn were yet. "Noah, this is my sister. Maggie. And my brother-in-law, Glenn."

"Nice to meet you." He replied shaking their hands.

"So, you two came back with Daryl and Carol?" Glenn asked me and Noah.