-15- Jack's and Flo

***Author's Note***

So I was supposed to upload this yesturday but I was too distracted and also has to study for my Stats final today. Yep, final on a saturday. Anyway, not too much more I have to worry about for that class! Yay!!! So I may not update as often as I have been lately because I have AP tests coming up and graduation. I have to plan stuff. I will try to write more today and tommorrow if I can but don't plan on any uploads until later this week. Sorry guys. I am just really busy lately. enough rambling, now time for Chapter 15!

Chapter 15:

We left the house and walked a block to Jack’s, the diner which has been our spot since middle school, and walked in. There were only a few people eating seeing as it was just after the lunch rush and so we took our booth towards the back next to the window.

“Hey you guys I haven’t seen you here lately. How have you been?” Flo asked us while giving us our menus. Flo has been one of our friends since we started coming to Jack’s. She is in her late thirties and has dark brown hair with piercing green eyes that have flecks of gold. She has one of those personalities where you just can’t help smiling around her and telling her your problems when you are upset.

“Yeah, it seems like for ever since we have been here. We are both pretty good actually. I might get into trouble for telling you this but, Lizzie and I got married this weekend.” Cam said happily.

“I knew it! I knew you two would get married some day. So, how’d it happen?” She asked excitedly.

“Uh, we were in Vegas with her mom and it just happened.” He answered.

“Awww, so cute. Well I should get back to work but congratulations to you both and I’ll see you in a few minutes.”

“Hey Flo?” Cam asked.

“Yeah?”

“Can you not tell anyone about this. I know you probably wouldn’t anyway but I am not sure how we are going to go about telling everyone just yet.”

“Of course, my lips are sealed.”

“Thanks.” He stated thanking her for her silence before turning to me and asking, “So am I in trouble for telling her?”

“Nope. I know we can trust her to keep it a secret. Besides everyone is going to find out after it gets announced at the press conference.”

“True. When is that by the way? Did Mom say?”

“Nope, not yet. I kind of hope it is soon so that we can get it over with. I hate attention.”

“I know love, believe me I know.”

Flo came back and took our orders after that then brought us food. I ordered a turkey sandwich with a side or onion rings and Cam ordered chicken strips. He could be such a kid sometimes.

“Hey! What’s that?” I asked pointing behind him and snatching a piece of chicken while he had his head turned.

“Where? I don’t see anything.” He replied before turning back to me and seeing half of a chicken strip hanging out of my mouth.

“Oh, it must have gone away then.” I answered once I swallowed the food in my mouth.

“Hey! No fair, you stole my food.”

“I’m sorry, here you can have a bite of my sandwich, I said offering him a bit.”

“But I don’t want your sandwich. I want my chicken.” He said while getting a mischievous glint in his eye. “But, I will accept an onion ring as payment.”

“Don’t you dare!” I yelled while protecting my precious onion rings. “These are mine! Not yours’.”

“Maybe, but who is going to pay for them?” Darn! He has got me there. It’s time to bring out the big guns.

“But, if you eat one you won’t stop. Then all of my onion rings will be gone.” I said with a puppy dog face.

“It’s not going to work Love…I am not going to fall for it…Okay fine, you win. Keep your darn onion rings.” He said while sighing in defeat. “You don’t play fair missy. Not fair at all.”

“Sorry, well actually I’m not, but it seemed appropriate to say. You know you love me anyway.”

“Of course you’re not sorry. I don’t blame you at all and yes I do love you.”

“Cam, I…” I started.

“How are you guys doing?” Flo asked ruining the moment.

“Great thanks Flo. Can we get a check?” He asked.

“Absolutely, I am on it right now.”

“You were saying?” Cam directed at me.

“Uh, never mind. It’s not important.” I was only going to profess my love for you before we were interrupted.

“Okay Love.”

Flo brought the check then and Cam pulled out his wallet to pay. Once he paid we got up and left the diner.

**********************

“Mom we are home.” I yelled as I walked through the door.

“Oh, good. Honey, we need to talk.”

“What about?” I asked as Cam and I walked into the kitchen where my mom was.

“Well, it’s about the press conference.”

“What about it?”

“Well, it is tomorrow during school hours. You will have to miss school again.”

“Um, okay I guess. It’s not like there is much I can do so whatever.”

“And you need to make sure you can play the relationship up for the cameras. Can you do that?”

“Of course I can. I’m a pretty good actress you know.”

“Are you?”

“Yep. Just last week I acted like I liked that casserole you made.”

“That was an act? I really thought you liked it. I was beginning to think you were crazy because that was the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted. Yep, we can totally pull this off.”