-12- It Has Pockets!

***Authors Note***

So uh, I didn't have as much time to write as I thought but I promissed that I would upload today so I did. before you get mad at me for not writing more you can blame my statistics teacher for assigning us an essay. Yep, and essay in math. So that took up a good chunk of my time today. I will try to write more but no promises. Thanks for reading and here it is...

Chapter 12

“Got everything you needed?” Cam asked as we walked up to him.

“Just about, I still need some clothes though.” I replied smiling.

“Okay, let’s go.” He said while holding his hand out for me. I eyed it warily before he added, “Just take it love.” I grabbed his hand and he swung our arms as we walked towards the next store with Mom following behind us.

We walked into the store and all began searching through racks upon racks of clothes. I found a bunch of clothes with potential. I turned to try them on and had another twenty or so hangers thrown into my arms by my mom. I started walking to the dressing room but before I could get there I Cam threw more clothes onto the ever growing pile. I headed into the biggest changing room available and threw the load onto the bench before hanging everything up on the bar on the left side of the room. Once I had everything hung up I grabbed the first thing in a very long line. It was a summer dress that reached my knees and had a floral pattern on it. I slipped it on and looked in the mirror. I liked it, I was about to take it off when I noticed an amazing fact. “It has pockets!” I screamed a little too loud.

I heard a chuckle from outside before a voice saying, “What?”

I opened the door and low and behold there stood Cam. “It has pockets.” I answered. “I love dresses with pockets.”

“So I did well then?” He asked with a smirk.

“Yes. You did very well.” I replied while giving him a hug.

“Good. Now go finish trying everything on so we can go home.”

“Okay!” I cheered. Without thinking I reached up on my tippy toes and kissed him on the cheek before turning around and going back into the room. Did I really just do that? Why did I do that? Is he going to say something? Oh gosh, I am a dork. Thoughts raced through my mind. Curious I looked through the crack in the door. Cam was standing there stunned with a smile growing on his face. Well at least I know it won’t be awkward.

I tried on more clothes while sorting them, between keep and put back, on the two hooks in the room. There seemed to be a lot more keep than put back, but it didn’t bother me. It was mom who insisted I need more clothes. I finished trying everything on and grabbed all of the stuff I wanted to keep, I walked out of the room and threw it all in Cam’s arms before turning back to put the other stuff back.

“This is all you’re getting?” Cam asked sarcastically.

“Yeah, I wouldn’t have so much if some people didn’t load me down with tons of clothes.” I pointedly stated.

“Good point.” Was all he said before walking to the register and put everything on the counter. I sat there watching as my mom took out her credit card and paid for everything and then she and Cam grabbed the bags. I walked over to them and grabbed some of the bags from Cam’s hand. I took his free hand with my free one as we walked towards the food court. We all set the bags down at the table and I sat down with Cam. My mom left us sitting there to go get us food.

“So…” I started before trailing off.

“What’s up Love?” he asked concerned.

“Uh, never mind.” I replied. Mom came back with our food then and we began to eat in silence.

**********************

After lunch we walked around the mall some more while going into a few shops and getting a few more things. I walked along holding Cam’s hand following quietly behind Mom. I was deep in thought when we came to a halt, me nearly running into my mom.

“Why’d we stop?” I asked.

“Well, we need to get something from in there.” Cam said pointing into the jewelry store we were standing in front of us.

“Okay.” I said simply. “What do we need though?”

“A ring.”

“What? Who needs a ring?” I inquired.

“Both of us, you have an engagement ring but not wedding band…” He trailed off.

“Oh, okay well let’s go then.” I said cheerily.

We walked, well Cam walked I skipped, into the store holding hands and earned strange looks from the people behind the counters. “May I help you?” a woman in her thirties asked us.

“Yes” Cam answered, “We need some wedding bands.”

“Okay well we have some lovely ones over here that are rather simple but at the same time elegant and classic.” She announced while leading the way to another part of the store.

“Can I see that one?” I asked pointing to a thing silver band in the case. It was simple, classic, and just what I wanted. She pulled it out of the case and Cam slipped it onto my finger right behind my engagement ring. It not only fit perfectly but it matched. Turning to Cam I said, “I want this one.”

“Okay, well that was easy. Now I need one. What do you think?” he asked looking at me. I scanned through the rings before something stood out.

“That is the one.” I simply stated before pointing at the platinum band with four dark blue stones inlayed in the center. “It matches my engagement ring.”

“Okay, can I see that one?” He politely asked the lady. She pulled it out and I put it on him. His too fit perfectly.

We both took off the bands and handed them to the lady. “We’ll take them.” We said in unison.

We walked to the register and she rang them up. My mom stepped in front of us and paid for them. Until that moment I forgot she was even with us. The lady put them both into boxes and then into a bag for us. We all walked out of the store exhausted after a long day. Cam and I walked hand in hand behind Mom to the truck before we all got in.

After a few minutes Cam turns towards me and pulls my hand out and slides the band back on my finger. I took his and did the same. We drove in silence and I linked my arm with Cam’s before laying my head on his shoulder and falling asleep.