-17- It Should Have Happened a Long Time Ago

Author's Note:

Hey guys, so I wrote this on Saturday but I decided to wait until today to post it. There is a slight possibility that I will post again maybe thursday but I have AP testing this week so I most likely won't get a chance to write. Hope you like it and if you really want me to write, spam the comment section of this chapter. Thanks for reading <(") Also, this chapter has been dedicated to JustMe52 because her stories are awesome. hehehe

Chapter 17:

After stopping by the school and picking up our work from the last two days we went home to my house.

“Mom, we’re home!” I yelled out.

“In the kitchen.” She replied. We walked into the kitchen and saw Mom making a salad and pasta. “Hope you guys are hungry because I am making enough food for an army.”

“Good, I am starved. Are you making anything for dessert?”

“I wasn’t planning on it, I think we have some vanilla ice cream in the freezer.”

“Yes! I know exactly what we are going to have then. You two out of the kitchen, I have work to do.”

“Lizzie, I have dinner to worry about,  I can’t leave right now.” Mom said.

“Don’t worry I will take care of it. How much longer until the noodles are done?”

“Ten minutes, after that they need to be rinsed and then put into the casserole dish with the sauce on the stove.”

“Okay, you have a timer set and I have work to do so out!” I yelled at the two of them. I have work to do! I have brownies to make! Brownies will go great with ice cream! I grabbed the ingredients and set to work. When the timer went off I had just put the brownies in the oven. I did what my mom asked and put the noodles and sauce onto the casserole dish. I decided to then cover the top with crushed up croutons before putting it into the oven.  “Mom, how long on the casserole?” I asked.

“Twenty minutes.” She yelled through the door.

Sweet, same amount as what’s left on the brownies. Now I don’t need to wait longer for either to finish. I grabbed the salad and put it on the table before going back into the kitchen and pouring everyone a glass of iced tea.

I brought the glasses to the table and then grabbed the plates and put them all in their designated place.  I heard the timer go off so I went into the kitchen and pulled the brownies out of the oven and set them on the counter. I then grabbed the casserole and brought it to the table.

“Soup’s on.” I called into the living room.

Mom sat down at the table and Cam pulled his chair out before telling me to sit. I complied and sat before he pushed in my seat and sat down next to me. He grabbed my hand and held it under the table. We sat in silence eating dinner all the while Cam held onto my hand. I looked up to him and smiled before turning back to my food.

**********************

After dinner I went to the kitchen and scooped everyone some ice cream before adding a brownie to each one.

I walked back into the dining room with dessert and placed some in front of everyone before taking my seat again. As soon as I sat down my hand was taken from me and held hostage by Cam. He squeezed it and began eating his ice cream.

“Wow, this is amazing Beth. It is really good.” Cam said.

“I agree Lizzie, it is yummy.” Mom said.

“Thanks, it sounded really good when you said that we had ice cream.”

“Well, it is.” Cam said.

Once everyone was done eating I picked up everyone’s dishes and put them in the sink before rinsing everything off and putting it all into the dish washer. I turned to leave the kitchen and saw Cam sitting on the counter watching me.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing, you’re just too cute.” He said with a smirk.

“Cute huh? Okay, I guess I will take it.” I replied.

“Actually, you’re not cute.” He said earning a frown from me. He hopped off of the counter and walked over to me. He pulled me into his chest by the waist and brought his head near mine. “You are adorable and absolutely beautiful.” He whispered in my ear earning butterflies in my stomach.

I stood there not really knowing what to say, but there was something I needed to do. Slowly I closed the very small distance between us and stood on my tippy toes in order to do something I should have done a while ago. I kissed my best friend and now husband.