-4- Payback

“Do you…like it?” I asked slowly.

“Are you kidding me? Of course not.” He said, the grinning he added, “ I love it.”

Just then I was attacked yet again, for the second time today. “Lizzie!” they yelled before grabbing on to my legs. “We missed you, where have you been?”

“Around. Hey, Jamie. Hey, Ty.” I said to Cam’s younger brothers. James, or Jamie as I called him, and Tyler, or Ty, where both eight and in third grade.

“Hey!” they said before turning to Cam. “Cam, whatcha got there?” just then they ripped the picture out of his hands. “Ooooo, Cam’s got a girlfriend, Cam’s got a girlfriend.” They yelled at the top of their lungs.

“Do not.” Cam said before ripping the picture back from their hands. “It’s just Beth.”

 Ouch! Why did that hurt so much? It’s not like I was expecting anything but that. I looked back at Cam, and he was watching my face, searching for something. He found my gaze and turned around. He began to walk towards the stairs. I took this as my chance to plan my attack. “Jamie! Ty! Come here for a moment.”

               “What’s up Lizzie?” They asked in unison.

               “Wanna help me get back at Cam?”

               “Totally!” they said a little bit too loud and Cam turned around before heading down the stairs.

               “Okay, here is the plan.” I whispered my idea to them before grabbing my bag and running out the door.

I got home a started rummaging through my stuff, that’s when I found the paper I was looking for. I grabbed it and ran out the door towards Cam’s house. I got inside and we started on our plot. We cut off the top of the paper and made a copy. From there, we scanned the signature, and added our custom message. The finished product was a letter from “the school” saying that Cam was failing his math class. The class he had an A+ in.

We placed it into envelope that had his address and the schools on it. Added a stamp and stuck it into the mailbox. “Cam, the mails here” we yelled after the mailman came.

“Okay, be down in a second. Don’t get it without me.” He yelled. I don’t remember how it started or even why we keep it up but whenever we are at each other’s houses we always get the mail together.