Chapter I ♥ Normality

Above and the cover is of the lovely Princess Melanie / Alice ♥

♕♥ ♕♥ ♕

I wanted nothing more than to tell everyone that my life was completely normal. A normal bedroom covered in my personal mess, normal strict parents who had occasional fights, normal friends who I confide in and normal teenage struggles with school and romance. Unfortunately, although somethings resembled the normal life of a teenage girl, mine was much different.

My bedroom was covered in silky velvet fabrics, ranging from luxuries red to royal purple in colour with a price range that of a permanent house and the space resembling that of the entirety of a spacious apartment.

My parents were nowhere near mediocre as their day job allowed their backsides to rest upon thrones and their heads to adorn gemstones worth unthinkable amounts of currency from any country.

I had no friends, period; as it was strictly unthinkable to waste so much time on commoners who did not respect my very existence and it was advised that I should rather surround myself with the next generation of noblemen. I disagreed the proposition.

I was disallowed to attend public, or even private, schools and instead I receive home classes on the subjects I was deemed needed of. Not all of these classes I am keen over and prefer to skip the unlikable ones on a regular basis. My parents are not too satisfied by my actions.

When it comes to my romantic interests, it is not what all would expect. Even though my parents dislike the notion of it, they allow me to leave the palace whenever I please as long as I return before a given time and complete all my duties beforehand. They know that restrictions would worsen my obedience, and I appreciate their understanding over the fact that I cannot be demanded to stay out when I do not desire it. My freedom is much deserved, after all.

Because of this, I had met some people who had not the slightest clue of my identity. That was to be expected, of course. Ever since my birth, and the same with my younger brothers, we were kept completely secret from the public. The media is aware of our existence and our names, but nothing more. It is intended that when I am Crowned Princess, then all our faces will be shown to the world for the first time. But until then, no one knows of me and thus I can roam freely in the open world.

I do have bodyguards each time I leave, but they are instructed to stay out of my personal affairs and thus only watch from afar as if a normal passer-by. I have also befriended the bodyguards, and thus they would never disobey me and tell of the secrets formulated upon my leaving of the palace. One such secret was of the boy I had grown fond of: Caleb Adams.

He was my boyfriend of three years, yet I still kept my identity a secret from him as I am bounded my law (my parents had me swore an oath in front of the church) to not speak of my heritage until I have a crown on top of my head, not on my forehead. The same went to anyone associated with me within the palace walls.

It truly felt horrid to keep such an important side of me; especially since he only knows me by my alias. Alice Coleman. It is the name I adorn as soon as I set foot outside of the royal grounds, my real name unknown to the boy who whispers loving confessions in my ear. It pains me greatly.

I had met Caleb the very first time I had set foot in a park when I was twelve, my bodyguards disguised as my caretakers. He was near the duck pond, taking photos of the adorable creatures when I had inquired him of his actions – he was lying on his stomach in the mud to get a better angle – and that was when I learned of the interesting fourteen year-old. His love for photography fascinated me, and I returned to Caleb's side to initially learn the ropes of taking such breath-taking images. I was a failure at the art, but it was nowhere near in vain as I had fallen for his personality and his ability to always make me smile. Two years later, we came official.