Chapter XIX ♥ Realization

Melanie's bikini above ♥

♕♥ ♕♥ ♕

By the end of my first week in Spain, I had learned a lot about the culture and the nation. It fascinated me how different two countries so close to one another could be. It was also fascinating to see the difference in upbringing between Alejandro and I, seeing as we both were royalty. I had learned that there were few differences and there was a lot of things we had in common. We both had the same taste in music and preferred to be alone over being in a crowd.

Which was ironic I realized after some brooding, seeing as we were Prince and Princess. Our titles aren't keen on introverted behaviour. I discovered that he had never been in a relationship before but was more nervous about that than ever. He would need to look for someone worthy of being a Queen. I don't know if that was harder than my ordeal or not, but I realized that he wouldn't consider a commoner. His father was incredibly strict and kept Alejandro's sights on noble women only.

But it felt strange. I knew Caleb since I was young and grew up with him, watching him graduate and mature. With Alejandro it was different, because I was placed into his trustworthy hands and I was not even eighteen yet. He, on the other hand, was twenty-three. I had never expected to become such good friends with him so quickly, and I had honestly thought at the beginning that he wouldn't respect me because I am still a minor. I was thankful for his caring nature.

"Buena noches, Sarina," I had introduced Alejandro to Sarina over a video call, and because I contacted Sarina each evening, he would sometimes join the conversation. Sarina seemed to be intimidated by the Prince at first, but they had warmed up to each other. Alejandro had laughed hysterically when I told him how Sarina and I had met, but what was even worse is that Sarina was on the other line and was embarrassed throughout the entire explanation. Now knowing that she had purposely sought me out, I wondered if she wanted to show off to me. Well, it did leave a lasting impression.

"Buena noches, Prince Alejandro," she greeted back, her accent adorable and her black hair shining through the screen of my phone. I could see behind her the other gymnasts tumbling and flipping off the uneven bars. Their practice hours were crazy, but I simply cannot wait to see them at the Royal Variety Performance.

"How's it going in the world of tumbling?" Alejandro questioned, having discovered Sarina's preference. We were seated on one of the beds in the hotel we were staying at, now straying to far from the palace to be able to return each evening.

"Could be better. I keep going off the mat," she shrugged, looking behind as her sweaty comrades worked hard.

"Practice makes perfect," Alejandro shrugged.

"Of course, Your Highness," it was probably strange to her. She met a stranger at a café and now she was thrown into the world of royals and palaces. How she had not freaked yet, was a mystery.

"I need your opinion," I decided to steer the conversation in the direction I had intended. "So we are in..." I looked towards Alejandro in question.

"Benidorm," he answered for me. I looked back towards the screen.

"Benidorm, which is a coastal city, and we're basically hiding out in a hotel here. We didn't go to the beach," I looked to Alejandro who shook his head.

"No, no we didn't,"

"But he forced me on roller-coaster and dragged me to see dolphin shows," at this, he decided to push my face down and scrambled to look over me like some sort of child. He grabbed the phone from me and returned to sit behind me, releasing my head in the process. "Hey!"