Chapter VIII ♕ Fading

Long chapter for an important development ♥ My favourite song at the top

♕♥ ♕♥ ♕

"Sarina! What was that tumble? I have never seen a worse posture!" the gym manager was frantic, pointing out every single flaw to the gymnasts as they practiced their individual weak spots before throwing everything together for the performance.

"Sorry coach!" she yelled back in a startled tone. Everyone inside the gym was tense because of the performance, even those who were not taking part of the whole thing. They were probably focusing on Nationals or the other meets. There was no rest for a gymnast.

"Molly! Dismount needs work!" he called to Molly who was busy at the vault, his tense posture heading through the entirety of the gym.

"Right! Okay!" the startled ginger called back, het feet barely on the matt before she heard his call. Sarina could only shake her head as the manager paced through the gym, acting as if he was a qualified coach. The real coaches, all three of them, were a little preoccupied with a little problem by the name of 'Parker'.

Parker was a recently recruited gymnast out of a public gym, but she was only seven years of age. She had natural flexibility, but so much that she would qualify better as a contortionist than a gymnast or acrobat. She did not know much gymnastics skills because she had only started the sport recently but the coaches were determined to catch her up to speed.

The intentions the coaches had for her were a bit crazy, but it was evident they planned well. For the Royal Variety Performance the floor routines of many were combined into a beautiful show, but the manager wanted more. So more he got.

Parker was to be a flyer.

That meant she was going to be thrown around in the air throughout the performance. Someone was going to get hurt, Molly knew instantly as soon as she heard of the game plan, but she didn't think it would be Parker. A flyer can throw off someone's focus when performing.

There was only nine weeks left until the performance.

Irritated, Molly left from the vault and headed over to the tumbling track where Sarina was silently cursing herself. Not a single person in the gym was in their right minds.

"Hey, chicken nugget," Molly called out, propping herself onto the floor near the track. Sarina gave her a nasty glare.

"Are you seriously hungry again? Those things will make you fat," she retorted before going off in a run down the track, leaving Molly to sigh dramatically to herself. She fell onto her back, her ginger bun digging into her skull. Sarina, of course, had completely loose hair as she refused to tie it back. Usually she kept it loose because she like to feel as if there was wind in her hair when she tumbled but today it was more out of spite.

"But chicken nuggets are life..." Molly whispered to herself in such a saddened tone.

Sarina paid no attention to the buzzing around her, only focussing on her posture as she whipped through the air and landed blindly. But her head ached from the nagging at the back of her mind that something was wrong but could not do anything about it.

It has been five days since Alice had come to the café.

Usually Alice would visit her favourite haven at least twice a week, but this time she had gone through an entire week without making a single appearance. If Sarina had the girl's number, she most certainly would have trolled her messages until she had no choice but to answer the gothic gymnast. Even though Sarina had given her number to Alice two weeks ago, not once had she bothered to contact. Sure, it was not as if they were friends or even more than acquaintances, but Sarina knew something was up with the girl as soon as she saw her.