Chapter XIV ♕ Dinner Hell

This song is absolutely perfect to describe this entire ordeal (lol) ♥

♕♥ ♕♥ ♕

"So there's a few things you need to know about royal dinners," I spoke, seated in a creamy pink dress in front of my dresser as my handmaiden does my hair. Sarina was inside the bathroom, dressing, as I spoke to her.

"Wait so it's an actually a royal dinner? Can I opt out?" her muffled voice came through the door as she tried to figure out how to get into the mint dress she chose form my line.

"No, you do not have a choice anymore. So some advice: do not use slang and if you can, try not to use contractions. It will just make a better impression. Do not speak when not spoken to. Do not eat unless my mother starts eating. Look at me when I eat to see what silverware to use, although with Caleb and his family I am sure they do not know the first thing about all of this so hopefully they will make fools of themselves while you are actually presentable. If my mother is finished eating, then you stop eating immediately. No one is allowed to eat when the Queen is finished. Do not put your elbows on the table, do not break anything... basically, try and not make a fool of yourselves. Most of the attention will be on Caleb so you do not have to worry but there is a chance you might be spoken to so just remain calm," I heard a groan coming from her throat.

"Are you serious?!" she sounded annoyed.

"No rhetorical questions,"

"I'm just going to remain silent. That's what I'm going to do," Sarina muttered as she exited, the gentle mint dress with a few glittery sequences flowing to her ankles. She headed back into my closet. "So I'm guessing high heels?"

"You have no choice," she groaned.

"But what about you then?" I cast a look down towards my feet, not moving my head all the much as to not cause problems for my handmaiden.

"I have fabric slippers that I usually wear over my ballet shoes. I'll wear them just to cover my feet, but I won't be able to walk," I admitted.

"You have a wheel chair?"

"Wheels? In the palace halls? Are you crazy? My mother would freak. A guard will carry me," I said, admiring the beautiful braided bun my handmaiden mad for me. I thanked her. Sarina returned with cream stilettoes in her hand and went to sit next to me. She tensed up when my handmaiden began to touch her hand but calmed down. She still looked tense though.

"I can't believe all this is happening," Sarina admitted with a nervous chuckle. I placed my hand over hers, causing her eyes to shoot to mine.

"It's going to be fine," I had never known how bright her eyes were, only now seeing them close up did I realize how beautiful they were. I shook my head at the thought and sat back.

"So I'm going to meet the King and Queen?" Sarina asked, only just now realizing that fact. I nodded.

"But don't worry. I'm pretty sure they'd rather want Caleb's head than yours," I assured her but she only grew tenser. "So... when I introduce you, just curtsey and greet them as 'Your Majesties' and don't call me by my name, or my brothers either," I said, thinking of everything that have been second nature to me all these years.

"Should I call you 'My Princess' or 'Your Highness'?" Sarina asked, biting on her lip.

"Highnesses. We're not crowned yet so it's kind of wrong to call us that," I said in thought.

"If I may, My Princess, I believe that that referring to your future title is not at all wrong. If I could, I would call you my future Queen," my handmaiden said with a smile. I returned it.