Chapter XX ♕ Repercussions

Finally time to whip out that song ♥

♕♥ ♕♥ ♕

We went to see a soccer match in Barcelona, but after everything that has been going on in my mind, I didn't enjoy one second of it. So people wacked around a ball with their shoes, big deal. I was a princess with feelings for a female commoner. One of those had priority over the other.

I couldn't tell anyone. This was so wrong. Royals and commoners were already frowned upon, even if it was slowly getting more acceptance, but a girl? What would my parents say?

I couldn't allow this, I just couldn't. I will have to keep my feelings hidden and just get over it. It was a phase, I just knew it. Or rather, I hoped it would be. I was obliged to find a nobleman to make King, so what kind of problems would this cause? I couldn't put her in such a problem. She didn't deserve that.

She deserved to be happy, and even if Alejandro tells me to be less selfless, I couldn't help but be selfless in this situation. Sarina had to go free from me, and now that I was debating it, maybe I had to let her go. Permanently. She was already neck deep in all my problems and with royalty that this would be the anchor that drags her down. She was like a mockingbird, listening to others' and getting caught in their problems, but secretly wants to go free. I had to let her go.

Which might be easier than I thought it would be. My thoughts of all this were my own, and I would be the one to suffer when she left but it was for the best. However, I was sure that Sarina didn't see anything like that for me. She was just being a good friend, and I misinterpreted everything in my mind as signs. Signs that she felt the same way.

But she didn't, did she? She wasn't like that and her life was way too busy to even be thinking of a relationship, much less some messed up one like the once I was secretly craving. Why did you do this to me, Alejandro? I would've been much happier not knowing any of this. It would have caused lass pain.

I liked a girl, and I was a girl. They didn't teach me this in Princess tutoring.

"Melanie?" I turned to see Alejandro, our seats in a secret booth as we watched the muddy soccer players run around like lunatics. I wasn't one for field sports.

"Yes?" I responded, sceptical.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I scoffed in irritation and turned my gaze away from him.

"This is all your fault, you know," he sighed and sat next me, his eyes on the field but I could tell he wasn't focusing.

"I would've thought you were happy," I turned to him with surprise.

"Happy? My mother will have my head if she ever found out! A bisexual princess? Execution is right around the corner for me!" luckily we were alone in the VIP booth so I didn't care about how loudly I spoke.

"How do you know you're bisexual?" he questioned me, eyes curious. "After your idiot of a boyfriend, I honestly thought you might have strayed from... well, males," I couldn't understand how he could be so calm.

"I'm attracted to you," I admitted in my worrisome emotional state, and I couldn't understand why he had suddenly started to laugh hysterically. He was a really strange man I had begun to realize as I learned more about him.

"You're overreacting. This is modern times," he tried to sooth me.

"Yeah, the world might accept me but my parents won't. They have a thing for piercings, tattoos and dyed hair. They're classic and prejudice like that. Imagine this? They're so... they have this image of the perfect person they want me to be and if I stray from that path, then they'll be upset. Extremely upset. They'll disown me. That's the kind of strict people they are," I shook my head, worry settling into my veins. My stomach felt heavy and nausea swept over me. I was terrified of what they might do to me, and I know that this time, I won't get away with it. This was different than my hair. This they couldn't just accept and tell me to change a few years later. This was a lifestyle.