When I Was My Old Self - Chapter 19 Part 1

(A/N) - Here's a key!!!
(Y/N) - Your name
(N/N) - Nickname
(F/C) - Favorite color
(S/F/C) - Second favorite color
(B/F) - Best friend
(E/C) - Eye color
(H/C) - Hair color
(F/F) - Favorite food
(F/D) - Favorite drink
(F/S) - Favorite store
(POV) - Point of view
(S/N) - Ship name
(A/N) - Author's note
Italics - Thoughts
Enjoy the story!!!
***********************************************

Flashback

Your POV

I woke up to pain all over my body. My eyes were hazy, and I felt blind and weak. I felt like I wanted to die, right there and then, like in high school. I slowly pushed myself up, and got up onto my bed slowly. I guess in the middle of the night I must've fallen off after my dad beat me. I looked across the room and noticed my new clothes I had just bought from (F/S) were in shreds. I also saw there was red paint on the wall. Or was that red paint?

Lost in my thoughts, a voice suddenly startled me by saying, "Oh sweetie! You're up. Would you be so kind as to make me breakfast?" I jumped out of my skin and noticed my dad was there, also covered in red paint. At least I hope so. I couldn't say a word, so I just nodded my head and crawled out of bed. I hope nothing worse than the normal happened last night. The normal is about ten punches, five kicks, and a couple cuts on my wrists, but on other nights it can be much worse.

Time Skip to After Breakfast is Ready

I walked to my dad's room, holding his breakfast, and knocked on the door. A couple of seconds after that, I heard a loud snore and knew he had already fallen asleep because of his drinking last night. This usually happened, so I walked to the kitchen and put his plate in the fridge. I then grabbed my purse, phone, wallet, sunglasses, and band-aids, just in case, then left.

I had just walked out the door when I noticed a sharp pain on my right arm. Usually, I rub the spot where it's hurting to ease the pain, but when I lifted up my sleeve, I was shocked. I saw dried blood all the way down my entire arm. Oh my Irene. I immediately rushed back inside and into my bathroom. I got out my blood cloth and started to wipe it all off while replacing the wounds with band-aids.

As I placed on the last band-aid, my door was slammed open and my dad came marching in.
"(Y/N)! WHERE'S MY BREAKFAST?" he yelled, causing me to cower to the ground. I was so helpless and weak, so for the rest of the day, he beat me almost to death. I hate my life. Why am I even alive?

End Flashback

Your POV

As I opened the door, expecting to see Aph, Katelyn, Kawaii~Chan, maybe even Travis, I saw my dad with tears in his eyes. At that moment, just like in high school with Gene and in the mall with Melissa, I froze. I was scared, nervous, happy, sad, angry, and basically just an emotional wreck. There was only one thing I could do in that moment.

"(Y/N)! I'm so happy to see y-" my dad said before I slammed the door in his face. I was shaking like crazy, and my legs couldn't support me anymore. I slid slowly onto the ground and just sat there, looking at the door like a lost puppy. What to do, what to do? I got it. I gathered all the remaining strength I had and ran upstairs to get my phone. I quickly dialed the police. I didn't have anything else to do, so I went back downstairs and stared at the door.