xxviii.

It had been a couple of days since Melanie and Spencer had spoken to one another. Melanie wanted to stop being mad at him, and she has tried, but the pain she felt when she remembered Spencer lying to her made her angry all over again. Yet at the same time, it made her sad. Sad that when Spencer was away for three months that all she wanted to do was be with him and have things the way they were. Sad that when he did come back, they only had a few hours to be happy together before she started arguing with him. But wallowing in self pity isn't what Melanie wanted. She wanted to be with Spencer regardless of how she was currently feeling about him.

After work, she drove over to his apartment. Along the way she was reciting what she wanted to say to Spencer when she saw him. Though once she got there and knocked on the door, everything she wanted to say to him seemed to have left her mind when Spencer opened the door. The two just looked at one another for a few seconds in silence.

Speak Melanie! Melanie screamed to herself in her head.

Melanie cleared her throat before speaking up. "Listen Reid, I'm still quite angry and upset with you and I'm trying so damn hard not to raise my voice but even after all I'm feeling, I can't stand another day without you. Three months was way too fucking much and if I have to go another day without you I-"

The girl was cut off by Spencer taking her hand and pulling her close to press his lips against hers, kissing her deeply. With lips still attached, the male led his girlfriend into the apartment and closed the door behind her to press her up against it. Their tongues wrestled with dominance as their kiss deepened. Neither of them wanted to pull away from one another but there was only factor that prevented Melanie from having Spencer rip off her shirt right then and there. She placed her hands on the male's chest and slowly pushed him away.

"W-What's the matter? I thought-"

Melanie held her hand up to get him to stop talking.

"I do want this Spence. Just uh. Where's your mom?" Melanie questioned.

Spencer chuckled. "That's what you stopped me for? To ask about my mom?"

The girl playfully hit his chest. "No, shut up. I'm serious. I want to...y'know. But I can't do it if your mom's around."

Spencer kissed her softly. "She's sleeping in the other room. She's a deep sleeper. Won't wake her."

He took a hold of his girlfriend's hand and led her to his bedroom where they reattached their lips to one another after he had closed the door behind them. They began to tear one another's clothes off one another as they stumbled their way onto the bed. Spencer placed a hand on the girl's cheek and ran his thumb along it as the two pulled away slightly for air.

"You're so beautiful, Mellie." Spencer whispered. "I love you so much."

Melanie smiled brightly. "I love you too, Dr. Reid."

The male kissed her again until he realized something that made him groan softly; the apples of his cheeks started to turn a light shade of red which could only mean he was a.) embarrassed or b.) flustered. Maybe both if Melanie had a guess.

"You okay, agent?" Melanie asked.

"I uh. I never got the chance to buy um...condoms...cause you know...prison." Spencer said, laughing nervously. He couldn't tell which was more nerve wracking or embarrassing: him saying the word condom or the thought of him going out to buy condoms.

Melanie giggled softly. "You're so cute. But don't worry. I'm on the pill again. After we did it the first time, I went to the doctor's. Thought we'd be doing it from time to time, especially when you come back from a week long case and I'd get too excited."