iii.

Mellie had been busy in the last couple of days while Spencer was in Florida working on the case. The two barely talked due to them involving themselves in their jobs. It helped when the two didn't talk while Spencer was away on cases. It made the days go faster when engrossed in their works. 

Mellie was about to up and leave her office when she got a call from her brother. 

"Hey, Lukey. What's up?" Mellie asked as she grabbed her bag. 

"On the way back from a case. We should be landing shortly. Listen, I was wondering if you wanted to meet me in Quantico at headquarters? I want to introduce you to my new team. You think you're up for it?" He asked his sister. 

"Yeah, absolutely! I'm leaving work right now so when I get there, you've already probably landed." She responded. "I'll see you in a bit!" 

The two said goodbye to one another and Mellie placed her phone in her back pocket. She waved goodbye to Sam who appeared to have been working late and made her way out to her car. Typically she'd take an Uber to and from work since driving around D.C. is an absolute mess but when it came to working late at the office, all she wanted to do was head home and not wait for anyone. 

The drive to Quantico was a long one. Between traffic and the girl just being plain tired, it felt like a long drive. Once she arrived, she got her visitor's badge from the front desk and made her way up to where the BAU HQ was. She glanced inside the bullpen and noticed that her brother wasn't there yet. She texted him saying that she was outside waiting for him. 

Mellie was all kinds of nervous. She was gonna be meeting his team and on top of that she as gonna be seeing Spencer. She wasn't sure if she'd pretend to act like she didn't know who he was or what. She was running ideas through her head when she heard the ding from the elevator. The woman glanced up to see 6 individuals walk out of it. A small smile formed on her face when Luke turned to look at her. 

"Mells!" He exclaimed. He walked up to his sister and gave her big hug. Mellie laughed softly and hugged her brother back. 

"Hi Lukey." She pulled away from him. "How was your flight?" 

"It was good. I think I'm ready for a nap." He replied. "Let me introduce you to everyone." 

Mellie nodded her head. Luke placed his hand on her back and led her over to the group of agents that have been waiting for him. Of course one agent caught her eye but tried her best to avoid eye contact with him. 

"Guys, this is my sister Melanie. Mells, this is my new team." Luke introduced. 

Melanie shook hands with a beautiful blonde woman named Jennifer Jareau, who wanted to be called JJ; a black haired woman named Emily Prentiss; a dark skinned woman named Tara Lewis; and an Italian man named -

"David Rossi." Melanie gasped in shocked. "'I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound so fan girly. I just am a big fan. I've read all of your books. Weirdly enough, your daughter's my best friend. Well, that was before I knew she was your daughter." 

David chuckled softly. "Really? You know Joy?" 

Melanie nodded her head. "She was my roommate in NYU and we became inseparable ever since. I told her it wasn't a good idea to go all PI on you but I guess it turned out for the best." Mellie laughed softly as she thought about the conversation her and Joy when Joy wanted to tail David after finding out her father was actually her stepdad. She was with Joy the entire step of the way even if she did disagree on having Joy being her own private investigator. 

David snapped his fingers in a hit of realization. "Wait, you're Melanie! Joy talked about you! That's right. She did mention how a friend of hers tried to back her out of it. You're also Kai's godmother right?"