x.

The feeling of light hitting Melanie's face caused her to stir lightly in her sleep. She slowly opened her eyes and glanced around the room to realize she wasn't in her own room. She looked up to see Spencer still fast asleep and she couldn't help but to smile as she moved a strand of his hair away from his face.

"Sometimes serial killers start out with watching people sleep." Spencer told her.

"Good thing you're too pretty to be killed." Melanie teased, sitting up.

Spencer chuckled softly and let out a yawn before opening his eyes. He then leaned over and kissed her cheek. "Good morning, you sleep okay?"

Melanie nodded. "The best I've slept in weeks actually. How about you?"

"Incredibly well. I normally don't sleep as much or at all, depends on the case sometimes. But this time I got the best sleep Ive had in a long time. Didn't wake up once." He replied.

Spencer always had the worst sleeping schedule; the bags under his eyes clearly proved that. His brain never really turned off. He was constantly overthinking. His eidetic memory really had a way to keep the motors running up there.

A crash outside in the living room was heard which made both of them jump. A mumble under Spencer's breath was heard but the words were inaudible for Melanie's ears to pick up. He unwrapped his arms quickly from the girl when not only did crashing continue but so were yells.

"I'm so sorry, I'll be right back." He said softly.

He got out of bed and walked straight out of the room. Melanie reached over to grab her phone to see any missed messages and/or calls she might have had. One of them from Sam asking how the date went; another from Luke; and couple from Penelope. She was about to reply to her messages when the yells outside the door intensified. She returned her phone back onto the nightstand as she got up from the bed and opened the door to peek outside.

"Spence? Everything okay?" She called out.

When he didn't respond, she walked out of the room and down the hall to see Spencer and Diana arguing. There was also a picture frame that was shattered all over the floor as well as a couple of plates.

"Mom, please. You have to drink this!" Spencer ordered. He had been trying to get his mother to drink the orange juice that he had provided for her. He mixed her medicine with the juice in order for her to take it without any kind of fuss.

"I know you put my medicine in there, Spencer! It tastes funny!" Diana argued.

Spencer groaned in frustration as he rubbed his forehead. "Mom please, its for your own good. The medicine it's working. I had to work my ass off to get this for you!"

What did he mean by that? Melanie thought to herself.

"It's not working!" Diana cried.

"It is, mom! If you just continue to take it, it'll work!" He told her sternly.

Diana went to go reply to her son when her eyes landed onto Melanie; her eyes went wide.

"W-Who is that?" Diana asked nervously as she pointed over at Melanie.

Spencer turned his head to see the female; he frowned a bit. He felt bad that she had to witness, as well as hear, his mom have another one of her episodes. But it was either now or never to figure out if this was gonna be a deal breaker. He wouldn't have been surprised if it was going to be.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to eavesdrop. I was just concerned." Melanie said to Spencer.

Without replying, Spencer took a hold of Melanie's hand and carefully led her over to his mom.