xx.

author's note:
typically these go in the end but i just couldn't with this one. when i first started working on this chapter (about two days ago i think), it had 400 reads and when i checked back to continue writing it, it went up to 450? i am at a lost!! i dont know what to say. i know that doesn't seem like a lot but to me ??? that is everything.. i just never expected anyone to read it tbh and also it's one of the stories i have that i've written for the first time in about 4 years? maybe longer! but thank u for taking the time out of your day to read drabble of a book!

_______________________

"I can't believe my baby sister is leaving me." Luke whined with a pout as he helped Melanie load her car with boxes. The girl was blessed that she didn't have a whole lot with her - mostly clothes.

It was only two weeks ago that Melanie had put down a down payment and a security deposit for an apartment that was not too far from her work nor her brother's place. There was something that screamed home about the place when she first took a look at with Luke. It had an amazing view of a park and the master bedroom had a bay window to overlook it as well.

Melanie laughed softly. "I won't be that far and you're always welcome to come over. Just let me get some furniture first."

Luke chuckled. "Well, I know you will always have food at your place so I'm going to take you up on that offer, furniture or not." The male loaded the last of her things into the trunk before closing it. "I wish I could come help you unpack kiddo but I still have a shit load of paperwork to do. You'll be okay?"

Melanie nodded her head. "Yeah! Sam's coming by to help me unpack anyways. You have a great day at work and tell everyone I said hi."

The two Alvez siblings hugged one another and said their goodbyes before they went their separate ways.

_______________________

Sam met up with Melanie at her new place and the two did nothing but bring up boxes into it. Since she didn't have any furniture, there were just boxes filled with clothes and a few things she had bought over the year she moved to D.C. as well as stuff she has brought with her from New York.

"This is some place you got here, Mells." Sam said. The male began to wander around the apartment to have a look around.

"You think you can help me furniture shop tomorrow? I wanna make this place look nice as quick as I possibly can." Melanie asked her friend.

Sam walked back towards her with his hands in his pockets and nodded his head. "Yeah sure! First thing's first is getting you a bed then we can work on the rest slowly. I say bed because I know Spencer will be here a lot." Sam grinned at his own statement as he gave Melanie a playful wink.

Melanie groaned softly at him with a roll of her eyes.

"What? You and Dr. Reid have been dating for awhile. I'm assuming that you have been...y'know." Noticing his friend's facial expressions, his eyes went wide. "Wait...you and Reid haven't done it yet?"

Melanie felt her face get warm as she shook her head. "N-No. I mean...I think about it but he's a busy man and so am I. We hardly see each other as it is even though he is getting better at balancing out his schedule. I just wanna cuddle and kiss him mostly. Is that weird?"

Sam chuckled softly and shook his head. "No way. It's really cute. Sex shouldn't be a major factor of any relationship and what you and Spencer have...it's special. For a couple that doesn't see one another often, it's surprising you're still together. Most would be having a shit ton of arguments and probably break up. You and the agent balance one another out."