ii.

When she arrived home, Mellie was instantly greeted by her brother's dog Roxy. She placed her bag down on the floor and kneeled down to pet the German Shepherd.

"Hi there angel!" She exclaimed, rubbing the dog behind the ear. "Ive missed you a lot."

"You're finally home!" Luke Alvez greeted as he emerged from the kitchen. "I have great news. Well, great for me anyways."

Mellie kissed the top of Roxy's head before picking up her things and standing up to look at her brother.

"What's new, Scooby Do?" She asked him.

"Im getting transferred to a new unit at the FBI!" Luke exclaimed. Mellie dropped her jaw in excitement for her brother and gave him a hug.

"Im so happy for you!" Mellie exclaimed. "When are you starting?"

"Tomorrow actually. It's so sudden but it was urgent." Luke replied.

Suddenly Mellie remembered how Spencer said that his team would be getting a new member and it made her think if it was Luke. Was it coincidental that her brother was being transferred to another unit tomorrow just like Spencer's future team member? Did Luke somehow find out about Spencer and wanted to keep close tabs on him?

Melanie knew he wouldn't reach that far to do that to her. Maybe it was coincidental. It could be possible that people get moved around at the FBI all the time.

"We need to celebrate! You have any booze?" Mellie suggested.

"Way ahead of you, sis. I have Chinese food on the way and there's beer in the fridge." He replied, chuckling. "You probably have to shower and all that jazz so why don't you go freshen up before dinner and we can talk about our day."

Mellie couldn't help but to burst out laughing. Luke never acted like this which could only mean that he was really excited for his new position at the FBI.

"Whats so funny?!" He asked with raised eyebrows.

She shook her head. "Nothing. Just happy you're happy big brother!"

Mellie walked to her room to grab her pajamas and towels before making her way into the bathroom to shower. Once she was finished, it was just in time for dinner. She walked to the living room to see Luke already placing their food on the coffee table.

"You know it's a good day when there's Chinese food." Mellie said as she plopped down on the couch. The two began to talk about their day.

"You meet that boy again? The one you've been secretly dating for the past few months?" The eldest Alvez sibling asked after taking a drink of his beer.

Mellie rolled her eyes. "We're not dating. I'm not dating anyone. But yes I did. It was great."

Luke chuckled softly. Even the laugh that escaped his lips, he still was wondering why he never met the guy Mellie kept talking about or the one she's been meeting. Maybe it was the protective characteristic he had since he was older and felt like his job was to protective regardless she was a grown woman. It made him wonder if he was just too over protective of his sister which made her not want him to meet this secret man.

"You're never gonna tell me any little details about him are you? Not even his name?" Luke asked, raising his eyebrows.

"All I can tell you that he is really nice." She said, smiling. "A boy and a girl can be friends y'know? I mean remember when you thought Sam and I were dating? Gross."

Luke laughed. "Alright alright. You're right. I will stop intruding. Whenever you're ready to talk about him, I'll be here. I probably should be turning in. Big and early day tomorrow."