Chapter 43 - Breaking Ties

Ally's P.O.V

"Liar!" I scream as I grab one of the family pictures above the fireplace and smash it on the ground.

"I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!" I grab his '#1 dad' trophy I got him in the third grade and throw it against the wall. It leaves a huge hole and I'm sure my mom will be pissed but I'm too angry to care.

I scream at the top of my lungs and my throat burns. I wipe a table of pictures onto the floor and they all shatter. I light a match and throw it into the fireplace. I grab the pictures and throw them in the fire, watching them burn. I look around the living room scanning the mess I made. A copious amount of expensive, broken picture frames cover the room. Holes in the wall, from the contact of random objects I threw. I sit in front of the fire watching the pictures crumple until they turn to ash.

"I sleep in your t-shirts almost every night." I whisper. "I almost killed myself because I wanted to be with you and I couldn't stand to look at those pictures that claimed to be the scene where you 'died.' And worst of all, I trusted you. Of all people, I depended on you through life and death."

"I know." I spin myself around to reveal the monster himself. "Quite the uh, remodel you did here, kid." He says looking around the room and my heart drops.

"Well, I give you all the credit. After all, you gave me the motivation to create such a masterpiece." My voice drips with sarcasm as he grunts.

"Yeah, I figured." He whispers, shifting from side to side.

"Why?" I ask.

"Why what?"

"Why did you do all of this? Why did you come back after everything and why did you come to me in the forest acting like you cared? You don't give a shit about me or my mom!" I shout and he sighs.

"I loved Jen, and I still do. I came back for her and I saw you in the forest that day. Obviously, when you see someone you love trying to kill themself, you don't just stand back and watch."

"Oh? But you watched my own uncle violate me for years and you still never did a damn thing about it. And if Jen is my birth mother, why didn't you just run after I was born? Save me the pain of knowing such a snake I called 'dad', for years." He looks hurt by my words. And I hate that I liked making him feel that way. I am making him feel the same way I have felt for more than half my life.

He has done me so wrong and he has done my mother wrong. He even did Derrick's parents wrong. He has to pay for it.

"I didn't run because the moment I saw you, I fell in love. I knew I had to be your protector."

"Then what changed?"

"Jen gave you to your mom for her and I to look after because she couldn't do it. She didn't have the money, the experience. And your mom, well she was perfect for the job. She was ready and she had been wanting kids we just never got around to it-"

"Well how could you when you were getting around to it with someone else?" I interrupt and he closes his eyes, trying to remain calm and not snap at me.

"Anyways, Jen left and after awhile of me being heartbroken, I got use to our little family. I loved it, but I just loved Jen more. So, when she came back I wanted her to stay. I scammed some business investors with a lot of money and knew they would start expecting a successful business to blossom so-"

"That's when my uncle 'killed' you and gave you the perfect chance to run away and live happily ever after. Except, she left you because apparently the 'spend our whole lives running,' thing didn't really suit her lifestyle." The wheels continue to turn in my head as I piece it all together and my heart continues to break from betrayal and lies.