Chapter 16 - Save me

Ally's P.O.V

"What are you d-doing here?" I grasp hold of the back of Derrick's t-shirt as I hide from them.

"Why do you sound so afraid?" My uncle asks and my mother nodding along confused.

"I don't know, maybe it's because you raped her for years, beat her, and killed her father!" Derrick yelled angrily. I flinch at the harsh words and he turns his head slightly.

"Sorry." I grasp his hand and step beside him.

"Ally Brookes! Are you going to let him talk to me that way? And why are you with him, holding his hand?" My uncle looks down at our hands shocked, jealousy clear in his voice.

"Yeah, Ally, I do not like his tone. Your uncle just came to visit!" She shakes her head disapprovingly.

"Wow, Mother. You really have the audacity to stick up for this dangerous man? He killed dad!"

"No you killed your dad!" She yells standing up, tears forming in her eyes.

"You're delusional! I didn't take the knife and stab him!" She walks over and slaps me across the face.

I turn and bite my lip looking her dead in the eyes. I push her until she sits back in the chair. I tower over her and lower my voice. "I'm done, Mother. Whatever happens to you because of this man right here, you'll deserve. He's a manipulative little bitch, just like you. It runs in your side of the family I presume because dad was never like that. He cared for me, he read me bed time stories, he told me he loved me every single day, even when he wasn't here, he still had the heart to call and remind me. He was always there for me. Everything ounce of life in me that I still have, is based off of being the woman dad wanted me to be. You are nothing to me, and you know what? You were nothing to dad. Before he died, he was planning on leaving you and taking me with him. I was never going to tell you because I thought maybe, just maybe you'd have some humanity left in you but obviously that is not true."

"You're lying, he loved me." She whispered, shaking her head.

"Oh, really? Just like he loved our neighbor Jen? You really are an idiot. Why do you think he brought me over there all the time? To play dolls? No, to have show me what a mother really is. She was my mother figure. But after dad died she had to move away because she couldn't bare the pain. She still writes me letters, telling me how much she loves me. But you? You just blame me for everything. I was only nine! I didn't even know what sex was. I was all alone! Where were you, huh?" She covers her face with her hands crying, as I let the words I've been wanting to say for years, spill out.

"I-I don't-"

"You're nothing, and you know it." I spat and turned to the man siting in the chair staring at his crying sister. I don't know how I even got the courage to stick up to him. Maybe it was because Derrick was there and I felt safe.

"And you? I just hate you." Derrick puts his hand on my shoulder ushering me to leave with him but I yank my shoulder out of his grasp.

"Were you really that bad with the ladies, that you had to molest your nine year old niece? How fucking pathetic are you? You're a piece of shit and I hope you both burn in hell!" My mother sobs loudly as my uncle looks at the floor.

A fire was burning inside of me as I remember all the memories of her not being there, to him violating me in every way possible. I grab the nearest picture frame and stare at it.

It was a picture of my mom, dad, and I at Niagara Falls. "You see this? This was all fake! My whole life is one fucked up nightmare because you didn't love me, and you gave me the wrong type of love! I never even had a childhood when you were here! The only time I've ever felt alive was when dad was actually here!" I throw the picture on the ground watching it disperse into small sharp pieces.