Chapter 05 ~ What A Twist?

A/N hey guys, well here I am to update again cx uhm so i'll be doing more updates ! enjoy. don't forget to vote comment and fan

btw the character for Blaire was difficult to choose so I chose this girl I found on tumblr (: and Jake Miller as Luka ^.^

*Blaire's P.o.v*

"YOU'RE DOING WHAT!?!" I shouted from the top of my lungs at a sheepishly smiling Luka. I cannot believe he just told me that bullshit. He's been lying to me.

~*~Recap~*~

"You're hiding from me, too. Spill it, love."

Luka drew in a deep breath after I told him thos words. After what seemed like a lifetime, he said something barely audible.

"What was that, 'bad boy'?" I smirked at him, I bet he'll only say something like 'Oh Blaire, I ate the last chocolate pudding cup'.

"I said, I'm in a gang-The Rifts, I have been for a few years.." He said softly, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Hahaha. Very funny, Teddy; now really, tell me." I playfully punched his arm and smiled. He met my gaze with a sorrowful expression.

"I am telling you." 

I felt for blood run cold and my body froze. He's in a gang? Why did he lie?

~*~Present~*~

To say I was angry was an understatement. I was seething; if I was a cartoon, smoke would be blowing from my ears by now.

"Kitten, ther's more.." He spoke calmly, trying to calm me down.

"Yeah? Like what?!" I threw my hands in the air angrily for emphasis. What could possibly be more worse than my best friend being in a gang; besides my dad's death a few years back. Yet, I don't like to recall that memory.

"Th-They've got Raynebow." He spoke quietly, his voice was on the verge of tears. Raynebow? My little musketeer? She was only 8 for crying out loud!

"W-what..?" I stuttered, my voice sounding weaker than intended. He simply nodded and spoke in a tone that was along the lines of frightened yet..brave?

"I know you're probably pissed at me, I'm sorry, but I need all the help I can get; I need Rayne."

"But, you're in a gang. Luka, don't you have millions of men?" I asked, genuinely confused. Luka gave me a blank stare.

“Yes, Kitten. I’m in a gang, NOT an army.” He said whilst smirking.

I pouted slightly, then sighed, running a hand down my face.

“I’ll help you, I mean, what’s the worst thing to happen besides dying? If I die I’d be with my dad again..” I spoke, smiling softly at the vague memory of my father. For the second time in these 15 minutes, Luka scratched the back of his neck as his eyes tried to advert their gaze to anything but me.

“Teddy..” I spoke slowly, narrowing my eyes at him slowly, He chuckled nervously and spoke.

“Boss isn’t going to be too happy if I tell you this..” He trailed off. I was so close to castrating him if he didn’t give me answers soon.

:”Luka, spill it.” I snapped, not intending to be rude, yet, I needed to be on the same page as him. He wrapped me tightly in his arms and sighed deeply before saying words that I’d never thought I’d hear in a lifetime.

“I work for your dad, Samuel Reynolds.” My breathing was hitched in my throat, I wanted to talk but I couldn’t.

“He faked his death so you and your mother weren’t in danger of rival gangs; I’m sorry I hid that from you, he changed his name, too. So you wouldn’t be even slightly tracked down.”

“W-what’s his new name…” I was too stunned to even talk properly anymore. My mind was jumbled with new known facts; my father was alive and in a gang. My best friend works for my dad. Finally, Rayne was kidnapped and held hostage for God knows how long.

“..Tony. Tony Watson. My boss.”

After a long silence I finally breathed out the air in my lungs that I hadn’t known I was holding; coming to terms with everything I told Luka words that made his smile grow wide like the Cheshire Cat.

“I’ll help you out; what do we need to do?”

He quickly whipped out his Galaxy S3 and quickly scrolled to the ‘Calendar’ and saw that this upcoming Saturday and Sunday were booked with a to-do list.

“Well, Kitten; looks like we have a meeting with the other guys, along with your dad. Training sessions, and then, ‘The Heist’.”

“The Heist?” I asked quizzically.

“We need ransom money for Rayne. It seems as if we’re robbing a bank, Kitten. Better teach you how to shoot a gun.”

My mouth was probably touching the floor by now.

The things I do for you, Luka Jefferson.