Chapter 02 ~ Turtles pt. 02

*Blaire's P.o.v*

After blaring Talk Dirty by Jason Derulo ft. 2 Chainz, grinding on my seat, and eating McDonalds we were finally at the pet store. I unlocked my door and used all my strength to haul myself out of my seat; only being restricted by my incompetent seatbelt. The pain that was in my shoulder from that treacherous moment caused me to make the noise of a seal being stepped on.

Luka looked at me for a good minute before chuckling softly and shaking his head. I stayed silent, thinking to myself about my weirdness, the possibility if my lovely mother dropped me on my head as an infant raced through my mind.

I got out of the car, remembering to take off my seatbelt this time, and slowly walkes through to empty parking lot.

wow, nobody likes pets I see..

I thought to myself as I skipped into the pet store like a kid at a candy shop.

As I walked in I saw the store I smiled at the cashier, Emmie, and saw was divided into sections, smaller animals in the front and larger in the back. After walking through three rows of baby guinea pigs, Gerald, and hamsters; I found what I was looking for. I smiled in delight.

Turtles!

I mashed my face up against the glass case they were in and gazed in amazement, green patches filled the tank except for in one small corner. A lonely looking white figure was gazing into my eyes, it seems. A cute little albino turtle!

I dipped my hands into the tank and grabbed him slowly and hoisted him out and cradled him in my chest.

As I walked to the cash register,  I banged into a hard brick like structure. I gripped slightly tighter onto the baby turtle so I wouldn't drop him. I looked down to see if he was alright, which he was.

I looked up and realized it was Luka not a brick wall trying to eat me. Strange, I know.

He seemed beyond fuming, which I found quite odd since Luka usually doesn't get angry around me.

I showed him the turtle and he nodded of it approvingly,  he walked down a random aisle momentarily then returned with a small package of seaweed for Norman to eat. I decided to name the turtle Norman,  it's sophisticated.

I smiled at Luka who only had a blank looked on his face. I shrugged it off, his father is just probably pressuring him go try our for the football team again.

Luka's phone began to ring and his mood soured even more if possible,  he whipped a $50 bill out of his wallet and practically shoved it at me as he walked out the store angrily.

I stared at the glass exit door and then blinked several times until I just simply ignored his odd behavior.

I payed for Norman, his food, and a carriage case and smiled again at the cashier then walked out.

I found my buttercup learning against the car and the look on his face was emotionless, which is strange. I did what any best friend would do when they were upset; poked them in the face repeatedly until they gave in and told you.

After nearly twenty pokes to his face, Luka did the unbelievable. He screamed at me.

His harsh features quickly looked at me and his green eyes were full of anger.

"MY FUCKING GOD, BLAIRE. STOP BEING AN ANNOYING LITTLE BITCH FOR AT LEAST FIVE MINUTES. WHY DO I EVEN PUT UP WITH YOUR ASS?" each of his words were like a knife cutting deeper into my heart. I felt tears brim my lower lashes and I blinked a few times to try and push them away, it was no use though. Luka promised to never yell at me when we were 5 and my dad yelled at me and made me cry; so much for that promise.

His face softened as he realized how much his words hurt me. I slowly felt the hot tears rush down my face and his big, strong arms engulf me in a tight bear hug.

"Kitten, I'm so sorry. I never meant that; you're perfect and I don't deserve you and you didn't deserve that. I won't ever yell again, I promise." his words spoke full of sorrow and regret. I couldn't help but forgive him.

I nodded and looked up at him as he wiped my tears away and looked in my hands where Norman was, shaking slightly.

"You got an albino turtle?" He asked quizically.

"Mhm. He's got the bad ass look to him." I said after laughing softly.

"He looks like he fell in flour.."

I gasped at Luka's smirking face and shouted how it was rude and made him apologize to Norman.

After that we shared a quick laugh. We then ran errands to the grocery store to buy soda, chips, cookies, and any ither sugary substance we could find.

I chose to ask why he was angered and why he screamed at me later and just enjoy the happiness again.

A/N hey, so what do you guys think ?  I enjoy the story myself so far..  but it's your opinions! and why do you think Luka was pissed off ? ._. next update soon! but vote comment and fan ♡ love you all !