Chapter 8

(Louis' Pov)

To say I was angry with myself would be an understatement. I was furious. 

I still can't believe he escaped. That man was probably our only chance at a lead and I let him escape, all because I have to keep this character up. Why did Ashton have to call me at that moment? 

Luckily the rest of night ran smoothly and there was no other problems that occurred. The boys were safe and moving to a different city tonight. All of us were forced straight onto the small tour bus the second the encore was over. Apparently we were travelling to Manchester now.

This isn't good for me because it means I am further away from my base and I can only contact my team by phone. I am used to being away from my team but with this case I feel like everything is happening in London. I feel like that is where I need to be if I am going to catch Basilone. 

I would say this means it would be easier to protect the boys but it isn't exactly hard to find out where they are 24/7. The fans seem to know everything anyway. 

'Hey Lou are you okay? You seem a bit...annoyed.' Liam stated, taking a seat by me. Niall and Zayn were playing the X box, half listening in whilst Harry sat opposite us. He was staring at me with a curious look. As I looked back at him, all I could see was that man going to attack him with the knife, so I looked away.

'I'm not alright but it is nothing you guys should worry about.' I replied. If there is one thing I have learnt is that you should never say 'I'm fine.' because people can always tell your lying. In those cases you have to tell the truth but play it well, so they don't worry.

It works because Liam didn't question it further after that.

'Did you enjoy the show?' Harry asked, a smile forming on his face.

'It was great, you guys are really amazing out there. No wonder the fans love you.' I said. It was both lying and telling the truth. The boys are amazing on stage, they do sound great but I didn't enjoy the show tonight, purely because I didn't see it. I was too busy chasing the man, talking to Dylan and then stressing out. 

'I beg to differ.' Niall began, playing his game whilst he talked. 'The fans love us because of our sexy bodies.

'Yeah that's totally the reason.' Zayn replied sarcastically. We all laughed. Niall is probably half right though, even I can tell these four boys are past the scale of attractive. They have a whole new scale dedicated to them.

I didn't just say that.

'Well I'm going to head to bed seeing as we have another show tomorrow.' Harry said, standing up and moving towards his bunk. I decided to sleep too. This day had turned out ot be a disaster and I didn't want to sit through it anymore.

It was probably the quickest I had ever fell asleep. I didn't even remember falling asleep. My head hit the pillow and out of it but of course I was still in a slightly conscious state to wake up immediately if someone came to attack. 

You may think that the chances of that happening whilst we are on moving vehicle are very slim but it happens more often that you think. If anything it is the best time to attack because people will be least expecting it.

I was the first to wake up in the morning as usual. In fact I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. As I answered it I realised we had stopped moving and we were in Manchester.

'Hello.' I answered trying to be as quiet as possible.

'Morning Agent.' Dylan replied as I looked out of the window to see exactly where we were. Fans were already crowded outside. I shook my head and moved away from the window again. 'So we tracked down the car and it was abandoned outside the Sherlock Holmes museum down at Marylebone.'