Chapter 13

(Louis' Pov)

By the time that we arrived at the safe-house we were all tired and it was late. The plane journey was at least 13 hours and none of us knew exactly where we were. They wouldn't even tell me just in case someone was listening into the conversation. That's how much of a precaution they were taken and I was very thankful for that. 

It gives me a chance to actually sit down and study this case instead of my brain melting from stress cause by annoyance and worry. This never happens to me. A case never affects me like this and quite frankly it has pissed me off big time. 

"Do we all have separate rooms?" Niall asked, dragging his suitcase into the house. 

"I don't think so." Paul answered, looking over to me. "I think your sharing between two" Again Harry looked over to me and Paul noticed. "Except Louis" He added and I mentally thanked him "He's having his own" He continue giving me a small smile. 

I nodded and Harry turned away, looking a bit sad. Was this really because I wasn't sharing a room with him? I watched him out of the corner of my eye as Liam wandered over to him and offered to share. Liam knows why I have to have my own room and I am starting to feel a little bit more relieved that he actually knows my secret.

"Is there food and stuff already here?" Niall asked. No surprise there.

"I think so" Paul nodded, motioning towards the kitchen which Niall happily skipped across too. Tiredness was evident on all of our faces and nobody wanted to eat except Niall. Nothing comes between him and his food. 

I tried to quietly slip off to my room whilst everyone was focused on Niall, still amazed after all these years that he can eat so much. I had to figure out some things though, I had to solve this case.

"Louis?" Harry called and I held back a groan. Not because I didn't want to talk to him but because I couldn't talk to him. Talking to him makes me like him more and that then makes everything a million times more complicated. 

Harry is my weakness and the closer I am with him the more people will grow suspicious. They will know that he is my weakness and then he will become bait. Harry is not a fish and therefore he can't be bait.

"Yes Harry?" I replied, turning back towards him.

"Where are you going?" He questioned.

"To my room...I'm tired" I answered, letting out a fake yawn. Well almost fake, considering I was actually shattered and my brain was pounding. 

"Why are you avoiding me?" He asked almost pleadingly. The hurt look on his face made my heart clench.                        

"I'm not avoiding you Harry, I'm just busy" I lied, hating every single word that poured out of my mouth. When did lying become so painful? 

"With what? Another one of your friends" He said with a small scoff, looking slightly angry.

"No! I'm a student Harry, you can't expect me to be free all the time" I retorted, forcing some anger out of me but the truth is it is hard to be angry at Harry. I mean have you seen him? 

"Well you can't be so busy that you don't even talk to me" He shook his head sadly, trying to avoid my gaze but it didn't stop me from noticing his eyes watering up. Am I really hurting him that much?

"I'm sorry okay?" I sighed. "We'll do something tomorrow, together" I offered, feeling bad.

"Yeah? We can do something?" He asked smiling a little but again he was hiding his excitement. 

"Yes, but right now I'm tired. So I'll see you tomorrow okay?"

"Okay. Goodnight" He said, cheering up a little.