Chapter 3

(Louis' Pov)

Turns out I suck at bowling.

I just don't understand how you are supposed to knock down all of the bins with just one ball. Now you may think for a spy, who can work out the correct angles to hit targets and do pretty much anything, this is pretty bad but I can assure you....yup this is pretty bad.

You know what I am just going to blame it on the pretty curly haired boy. 

He was a distraction.

I CAN'T BE DISTRACTED THOUGH!

I am failing and I have never failed at anything before. I can't because failing is seen as a weakness in my world. If you fail, you become a target. Why did I accept this job? Oh that;s right because I didn't expect there to be a human so close to perfection that he managed to bring out my feelings.

I haven't even known him for a week yet.

Time to focus Louis! 

Just as we were getting back into the car my phone started ringing, echoing my amazing ring tone. 

'In west Philadelphia born and raised 
On the playground where I spent most of my days 
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool 
And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school'

The boys all gave me questioning looks before singing along. I couldn't help but laugh as I pulled out my phone and looked at the caller ID. Lisa.

'Hello.' I answered.

'Louis, first things first, can anyone else hear this call?' She stated.

'No.' Right now I am glad the boys are talking amongst themselves.

'Good. We need you to start wearing your earpiece at all times. We have received info that Basoline is in London. We will keep track of your location whilst you continue to blend in. During your time in this mission we may call you out to do some mini tasks but nothing major. Continue getting to know these boys, I have already heard that you were accepted quickly. At the same time you need to be doing a lot of research yourself. I know it is a lot to ask but this is biggest case we have had to deal with. This man is dangerous, remember that.' She explained.

'I know, nothing new.' I reminded.

'Good luck Louis, I will contact you soon.' Then she hung up. These conversations are always formal but to make it seem more like a normal phone call I added a 'bye' on the end. 

'Nice ring tone.' Niall smirked.

'What can I say, it's a classic.' I shrugged.

'Who was on the phone?' Liam asked. Nosy.

'My mum, telling me to stay safe and look after myself.' I lied. 

They all nodded and returned to what they were doing, except Harry. Instead he stared at me with a look of confusion, one which was trying to read me. That's the different between me and him though, I can read his expression but no one has ever been able to read mine.

It isn't because I show no emotion, it is just that I am an expert at hiding it. 

'What are we doing now?' I questioned, turning my attention away from him.

'Moving night in, junk food, the works.' Zayn answered.

'You are about to experience a typical crazy night with one direction.' Niall exclaimed. I laughed.

'Sounds like fun.' I said, honestly. The perks of this mission is I actually get to do some normal, teenage boy things, although I am pretty sure a sleepover is not on that list. Hey ho.