Chapter 9

Louis' Pov

'We have an update on the car.' 

'Is it a good update?' 

'Define good.' 

'Go on.' I insisted before allowing Dylan to explain what they had found.

'Well, Rilee pulled out every detail she could of the two hidden faces and ran them through the database. We believe the driver was a female but we don't have much evidence to support that apart from the height. The average height of a female is 5ft 4 and this person was just under. So they are either female or a really short man. 

'Again the person you were fighting is of an average male height so it's hard to narrow down a search.' He explained with a sigh. This isn't helping at all.

'Was there anything about them that could narrow down the search.' I asked hopefully.

'Not yet but we are still trying to search every detail. Something may come up later.' He replied and I felt like hitting my head against a brick wall. Why aren't we getting anywhere with this case. 

'What about prints?' I questioned.

'Ah that is where things getting interesting Agent.' He enthused.

'Do tell.' I smiled, whilst sitting on my bed and monitoring the cameras I had set up. 

'Well it is obvious that the two people in the car knew what they were doing and were being careful. They clearly wore gloves but at some point they slipped up.' Dylan was dragging this out but I knew he was excited about it. He loves when something goes right.

'Are you about to make me a happy person Dylan?' I joked with a smile. Not that he could see it from the other end of the phone.

'Very much so. Rilee and I ran the print through the database and it came back with a match. Now we didn't know if it would be significant or not as we didn't know if it was actually theirs but I am sending you the profile now...' He said, pausing for a moment, focusing on his work. 

A few seconds later the profile appeared on my screen and I smiled.

'Does he look familiar to you?' Dyl asked with a smug tone. 

I replied whilst smirking at the image of the man in front of me. 'He's the guy that tried to attack Harry.' 

'We thought it was. His name is Marco Bane, he is 28 and he 6 years ago, he served a 5 years in prison for Assault but witnesses said if someone hadn't of stopped him, he would have committed murder.' 

'Good to know.' I sighed, reading the profile and Dylan explained it in more detail.

'He was released just over a year ago under surveillance but the police lost him and he has been on wanted posters ever since. My guess is he met up with the person who is behind this whole scheme.' He added, still typing away.

'Isn't it obvious?' I asked with a hint of sarcasm. Our conversations usually turn out like this. At least we finally have some evidence and a person to work with. We just have to get to him before the police do, it will be easier to question him then.

'I also believe he was offered a chance to finish what he started?' Dylan added. I was confused.

'Finish what?' He didn't reply for a moment, not until a new tab appeared on my screen, showing a news article.

'This was published this morning. You would think it was just your normal murder but to us it is a lead. The victims name is Luke Hutton...' He began and I interrupted.

'Let me guess, he is the victim of Marco's previous assault.'

'Bingo! I don't know what Marco had against but the man has a clean record. Finished college with 4 A levels and recently graduated university with a law degree.' He said.