Chapter 4

(Louis' Pov)

Luckily by the time I crept back into the hotel room, everyone was still asleep. I don't need to be answering questions about where I was.

I can't get the notes out of my head though. It's kind of creepy the game he is playing. I signed up to protect these boys though and I plan on doing just that. Basilone is good at hiding but I am the best at seeking so he will never win.

I crawled back into my position next to Haz and immediately his arms wrapped around me and he relaxed. It was as if they had found what was missing. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep, seeing as I had been up most of the night. 

When I woke up, the space next to me was empty and I could hear talking coming from the mini kitchen. You know a hotel room is fancy when it has a kitchen.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, listening in as I woke myself up.

'I swear I woke up last night and Louis wasn't there.' Niall commented.

'You were probably just dreaming Niall. It wouldn't be the first time.' Liam replied and went on to list the numerous times Niall dreamed of random things. That wasn't a dream though. 

Eventually I stood up and wandered into the kitchen, running a hand through my bed hair.

'Morning.' I mumbled with a smile.

'Morning Lou.' They chorused. They really need to stop doing that, it is starting to scare me.

'Want a bacon sandwich?' Zayn asked politely, whilst Harry monitored his cooking. I nodded with a small thank you before resting my arms on the table and leaning my head on them.

'Tired?' Niall asked.

'Very.' I groaned, wanting to go back to bed. Give me ten minutes and I will be wide awake. I am like this everyday despite the job with the long hours.

'Here this should help.' Harry's raspy voice said, passing me a cup of tea.

'Thank you.' I replied, taking a sip and then digging into the bacon sarnie Zayn had just gave me. Whilst I was eating, I went through a plan in my head. 

1) Keep a better eye on surroundings. (Especially those areas that are not as clearly visible at first)

2) Hack into a database and find out all information on the previous owner of the flat from last night.

3)Head into base and talk to our linguistics professional to create a profile through the notes Basilone left.

4)Take a shower.

'What do you boys have scheduled for today?' I asked. They all looked at me and then looked at Liam for answers.

'We have a recording session this morning and then the afternoon off. We are all doing different things then.' He explained. Great splitting them all up, makes my job a million times harder. It is a good thing I have already inserted trackers into their phones, just in case.

'Yup I am going out with Perrie, Liam is out with Sophia and Niall is going to a football game.' Zayn added with a smile. 

'Harry is boring and has no one to go out with.' Niall smirked, causing Haz to punch him lightly on the shoulder.

'Aw, I will hang out with you Haz.' I cooed and he grinned. The other boys seemed confused by the nickname though. I just ignored it. 'I have to do something this morning though so I will meet you after your recording session.'

'Where are you going?' He questioned.

'An old friends wants to go out for coffee and I haven't seen him for a while so I said I would go.' I lied. Good thing they bought it. Harry seemed to go quiet again though.