Chapter 8

I sighed in saticfaction as I collapsed onto my bed after going for a workout at the school gym. I didn't actually know that existed until this morning when I stood at the map looking at all the different buildings. I must have looked like a crazy person to those walking down the stairs because I was standing there observing for at least ten minutes. I didn't start any classes today until nine, and at the moment it was only quarter past eight. I had guitar lessons first up, and then french with Luke. For some reason the thought of that got me all excited inside. I knew Luke didn't like me, but did I like that? Is that why I got so excited? Because I liked that he hated me? Of course not. I hate his frustration towards me. I want him to trust me, thats the entire point of annoying him, right? It was because of that, wasn't it? I knew annoying him wasn't a great way to show that im a nice person, but what else can I do? It's not like he's willing to welcome me into his life with open arms, so I must force myself into those arms, and eventually he'll get used to me being there.

I sighed and got off my bed, quickly rincing myself off with cold water in the shower, before getting changed into something comfortable to wear to class. I ended up wearing a white knitted sweater that was easily two sizes too big for me, and a pair of black skinny jeans. I left my hair down in their natural waves, then made my way to class with my guitar and the books for the three lessons I have today. 

When I walked into my first class, their were about ten of us there, which meant not everyone had shown up yet, but I was a few minutes late, so the teacher wasn't fazed. I sat on the black chair at the back and pulled out my music book that we've been going through. I checked that my guitar was tuned, like the rest of the students in the class, then waited patiently for the class to start. 

"Good morning!" Mr Chosis smiled happily. He was pale, maybe in his forties, He was a regular shaped man regarding his height and weight, and his hair was an orangy blonde, that he tied into a pony tail. Usually he wears button up shirts, but today he was wearing a maroon turtle neck. Weird, "How has your life been, lately?" He asked, eyes scanning the fifteen or so of us here.There were a bunch of friendly shouts of good and alright before he continued, "If you could all open your books up to page seventeen whe-" 

He was interrupted by the loud ring of the classroom phone, "Page 17. Practice the first one," He said quickly, while walking over to the phone. I shrugged and zoned into the music on the page, gently strumming my guitar to the notes., "Sure, I'll send her up" He nodded, "Beth," He spoke up. I looked up, "Professor Wellings wants to see you in her office," He smiled. 

"Okay, " I nodded quietly, confused. I packed up my things then walked out of the room and towards the main hall where her office was. I remember vaguely viewing it the first day here, it was near where I signed in. I stepped up my pace, when I realised she was an incredibly busy women, and she was waiting for me. I walked over to the receptionist, "Professor wellings wanted to see me?" I said politely. 

The old women nodded and opened the door for me, "Just down that hall. First door on the left," She smiled. I nodded and slowly walked down the hall. I felt like I was walking to my death, simply because she was such an intimidating women. She's in charge of everything at this school, and she wants to see me? I wiped my sweaty palms on my pants then knocked three times on the wooden door, reading "Professor"

"Come in," She called. Her voice sounded light , which made me feel a little better about this whole gathering, yet it was strong and had a thick french accent. 

"Uh, I'm Elizabeth? You wanted to see me" I squeaked out.

 "Ah Elizabeth Taylor," She smiled, "It's nice to finally put a face to such a lovely name. Have a seat," She nodded. I rested my guitar against the wall and put my books on the floor, then took a seat in her plush chairs, "Do you know what you're here for?" She asked