15~Time So Slow

Six ,slow and antagonising, months have passed.

After appearing on that stupid road with no memories I dragged myself and my tiny baby into the closest town, Sherman.  I now live in an abandoned house. The previous occupants conveniently... passed away shortly after my arrival. The old couple were suspiciously smothered in their sleep- shame.

"Morning my little Sophie," I coo to my tiny child, with beautiful emerald green eyes and beautiful fawn thin locks of hair that sit messily atop her sleepy head as she wriggles happily in her blankets as she giggles up at me.
Picking her up off the mattress beside me I pull her close to my chest as I get up from the creaky old bed and head along the small corridor of the bungalow to the ugly yellow kitchen that has varnished wooden cupboards and benches. The white tiles beneath my bare feet a cooling contrast to the worn green carpet of the corridor.

Taking the milk to be warmed in her bottle, I boil the kettle, bouncing her on my hip as she grabs onto the large green tee that covers my athletic body. Everything I do is for my little girl. It doesn't matter what happens to her, just as long as she stays with me and is as happy and healthy as she can be.

After warming the milk and checking the temperature, all this mothering seeming so natural- I put it down to good instincts- I give Sophie her bottle to grab onto with her tiny fingers and drink greedily. 
The slurping and gulping as she feeds is the only sound filling the tiny house as I wander back into the bedroom to pull on some grey sweats and a black hoodie over my green tee. Finishing her bottle, I quickly change my little Sophie into the cleanest, light blue, baby grow I can find before I pull her close to me and wander out the house after scrunching my feet into some very worn black boots that I don't bother to fasten the laces as I strut down the street.

I don't even bother locking the door as the house is vacant so there is no reason for anyone to enter. Even so, I'm not in for them to see me.

My long strides a soothing beat for the little pumpkin that bounces on my hip as I walk. Her happy giggles putting a smile on my battered face as she tangles her fingers in the pony tail of my tatty blond hair.
How this baby is mine is a mystery. Wouldn't surprise me if I stole her and just got a good whack on the head so I just believe she's mine. Ha! Imagine that.
Or her daddy is one scrummy looking dude, because this baby girl is one beautiful creature, and I know my mesmerizing genes alone can't produce something as gorgeous as her. My little star.

"We off to see the doggies?" I squeak as I pinch her rosy cheeks. I'm taking her to my only friends house to look after her for an hour or two. Mummy needs to get to work.

Knocking on the door of the wobbling house just a few streets along from my own, I listen as the chorus of five rabid dogs bark and throw themselves at the rickety plastic door. Sophie squealing in excitement in my arms. This kid has a death wish. She loves anything that screams danger and these dogs are the definition of that.

Sick of waiting for my apparent baby sitter to answer the door, I push it open myself and storm in over the threshold. "Becky I'll be back in 2 hours!" I scream as I push past the jumping and growling dogs. Some of them trying to bite me so I kick them out the way.

I walk loudly through the pale green house, the pack of almost rabid dogs hot on my heels as Sophie claps her hands and makes noises of protest to be placed on the floor. Begrudgingly, I comply to her wishes.

The dogs instantly pounce on her. Licking and tugging at her baby grow as she squeals in happiness as the five hue dogs, varying from German Shepard's to Rottweilers and Pitt Bulls, assault her with their rough love. The reason I bring my little girl here is the fact that the dogs will protect her better than anyone probably can. My little girl has a way with animals like that, they all seem protective over her. I even struggle sometimes to get close to her when we have to leave and she starts screaming in protest. It just sets the dogs off.