9~Belonging

"I'm okay," I sigh as we break apart, "I'm okay," I sob as my Peter pulls me tightly into his chest as he rocks us both to the rhythm of our synchronised heart beats. The comfort of his familiar hold has me almost melting into molten at the intensity of his love that cocoons around me.

His kiss, true loves kiss, instantly made breathing so much easier as I felt the itchy layer of failed spells that contaminated my skin evaporate and allow me to feel like a literal weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

"I love you Charlotte," he mumbles into my hair, almost crying and the squeak of so much emotion in his voice has me chuckling messily.
"Love you always, you big softie" I splutter through the fading of my tears.

Picking me up in his strong arms, he holds me close as I stand, my head nicely fitting under his chin so he can rest his head upon my own. Sighing happily, I hold him in my own arms.
The moment so sweet yet so sad.

"Come on" he says, pulling away slightly from our embrace to rest his hands upon my shoulder. Gosh how I missed the intensity of his forest green eyes. The way they seem to look into my soul and adore every small freckle upon my skin.
He smiles at me and I can't help the gin that matches his on my own face, "there's some boys who want to see you"

Smirking he takes my hand in his and pulls me in close and materialises us just outside of camp.  I hate it when he does that! The twisting feeling it gives my stomach isn't worth the swift and effortless travel of teleportation.

"It hasn't changed" I whisper as I step closer to the camp. My lost boys oblivious to me hidden in the trees, "they're sloppy" I say cheekily as I turn to my Peter and place a peck on his cheek. My lost boys should be on alert and be aware that they're being observed. Lazy kids.

Peter takes my hand and gently leads me into the camp, glancing back at me after every step to check that I'm really here. That this is all some delusional dream.
  "Boys!" He shouts with that wonderful smirk of his upon his gorgeous face as he gazes lovingly at me, "our Charlie had returned!" He beams as he pulls me under his arm and into his side whilst smiling at our lost boys.

The yips and cries of happiness exploded into the camp. Seemly feeding the roaring fire with their energy as they all crash into me for a hug or a pat on the back as a well overdue welcome.

Peter never once letting go of me, afraid I'll burst into flames if he lets go.

Felix gave me a quick pat on the shoulder, letting his and rest there as he speaks, "it's been a while lass. I would say I missed ya, but Pan would never let me hear the end of it" he smirks as he looks up at his best friend. These boys are inseparable.

Peter frowns at Felix for his lingering hand on my shoulder, to which he quickly removes, "she's all yours Pan. You know I'd never do anything to her" he smirks, that scar across his face twisting into a smirk as the tall boy backs away and joins some of his brothers on a log beside the fire.

Suddenly, I'm tackled by a boy about my height as he holds onto me tightly; knocking me into Peter for some stability at the lads momentum.
"Jake?" I gasp as the boy leans back to allow me to get a proper look at him. He's aged well here. The five year old I left  behind now looks about fourteen with shaggy brown hair much like Peters and blue eyes like the sea. His face is no longer round and chubby but slightly longer and thinner to match his lanky figure.
"Hi" he whispers as he pulls me into another tight hug, Peter letting me go so I can hug my boy properly.
"You've grown so much" I nearly cry, tears once again prickling my blue eyes as I hold the boy to me, my hand tangled in his mop of hair as he seems to breathe me in before pulling back to allow Peter to hold me in his side again.
Possessive much?

"Big lad now isn't he?" I hear another familiar voice as the taller and slightly more broader figure appears beside the young boy. 
"Robert" I smile as I hug him tightly, his black cloak smelling of smoke from the fire and the wonderful forest we live in.
Pulling away from his I mess with his cropped dirty blond hair. I laugh as he waves me off to stop messing it up; his light green eyes looking at me as if I'm a ghost.

"Missed my boys" I sigh as I glance between the three that surround me.
"Missed you too mom" Robert smiles weakly as he pulls his younger brother into a headlock and rubs his knuckles hard over Jakes head before the two push roughly apart laughing.

Chuckling at the two of them I glance up to my Peter, my hand reaching up to rest on his chest as I see his already gazing down at me. Leaning his head in he gives me a quick peck before swiftly picking me up bridal style, a small giggle escaping my lips as I tuck myself into Peters neck.
  "Talk later boys" Peter smirks as he wanders off into the bushes with me, where he takes us to our home. Our treehouse.

Pushing past the worn curtain he steps over the threshold and places my bare feet gently on the ground; the familiar wolf fur rug tickling between my toes softly.
"I missed you so much Charlotte" Peter says as he spins me round to face him, a gentle hand under my chin to make me look into his wonderful eyes,
"so did the boys" his guilty eyes telling me he's been beating himself up all these years for not saving me.

Wrapping my arms around his neck and standing on my tippy toes I rest my forehead against his lowered one and rub our noses together,
"not as much as I've missed you Peter Pan" sealing it with a kiss.