Insignia Chapter 14

Vote and comment please!

RECAP (I bet you really really need one!!!):

After dressing, I looked at myself in the mirror, I wanted to change, I didn't want to be myself anymore...I knew I couldn't go out and face Laura like this, I knew she couldn't see this new side of me... I had to be the way I was before... but I just didn't have any emotion... I wasn't me anymore. I started looking through all the many drawers that were part of the bathroom sink. Looking for something... anything... that could change me. I didn't know what I was looking for though. Not until I saw them, a sharp pair of nice scissors, I pulled them out; I just looked at them for a moment. Then I knew; I wanted to cut my hair short. I had always kept my thick black hair long, I'm not sure why, but it was just something I had always done.

First I pulled my hair back into a tight pony tail, and then I put a second elastic just below where I wanted to cut it... and well... chop... the thick pony fell to the floor. The elastic that was still in my hair slipped off because it had no hair to keep it on. I took the next half hour styling it a little, giving myself layers and side bangs. The hair cut wasn't perfect by any means, but it made me smile, and I knew that I could now face Laura and she might not ask about my strange mood.

Chapter 14.

Slipping into the tight spandex Capri's, sports bra, and sport top I made my way to the bathroom door. With a smile stuck on my face I stepped out of the bathroom only to see the last person I wanted to see at that moment... or ever... When my eyes landed on Jason, I twirled around and dashed back into the bathroom. Why was he in my room?! Was he stalking me or something?! Not only did he show up in my fuckin' dreams but now he's in my room too! What was his problem!

"Kali? What's wrong?" I heard Laura ask from the other side of the door.

"... Is he gone?" I whispered so quietly I thought she wouldn't hear me.

"Jace? Yeah... he just left... what's wrong?" she repeated her question a little more gently and soothing this time.

After a few moments of silence I once again plastered that smile on my face and opened the door. "Nothings wrong" I lied, "I just wanted to know what you thought of my hair before I showed it to anyone else! Especially a guy!" I seemed to be good at covering things up because understanding crossed Laura's face as her eyes widened when she saw me.

"Your hair looks awesome! Its so cute short! I can't believe you just cut your own hair! Are you a hairdresser or something?" wow well I'm glad it looks good!

Laughing I replied, "No, I actually have never cut my own hair before; I've always had my hair long."

"Well, the short hair really makes your green eyes stand out! I absolutely love it!" Laura told me as she walked over to her bed.

"Okay, so I know this school is weird... so do we even get like a legit high school education? I know about the dreams and all but what else do we do here?" I questioned Laura as I sat on my bed and picked up little ZinZan.

"Of course we do! Our courses are pretty much different everyday! We learn math of course, but for things like English we learn how to speak in different accents and things like the slang of other languages! It's pretty cool actually! We also have a Language course and we pick the language we want to learn and we also have to learn French and Spanish along with that language. Learning all these languages is apparently really good for your brain... its kind of hard to start, but it gets easier as you go!"

"Wow... oh man... I'm not the best at French. I think I failed it in grade 6... and that was like colors and numbers. Oh boy. I seem to love this school more and more everyday! Maybe I'll be good at Spanish!" we can only hope I added silently.

"Hey... It's not that bad here... I know you miss your family. This school is hard but it's a good school... and once you get used to it here I think you'll really like it." I could tell that Laura was trying to be reassuring... but I'm not so sure about this whole situation...

I nodded slightly making my short hair fall into my face, changing the subject I asked "Do you know if there is anywhere I could take ZinZan for a walk?" I bet he really wants to stretch his legs! Maybe he would even bring a ball back to me if I through it for him.

"Well... there are a few places to go, but to be honest there isn't that much acreage so most of the land is used for training sights. See Kali... we're kind of on a small island in the middle of the ocean..." when I heard Laura say this I let my lips part as if I was about to say something but nothing came out... I was even farther away from my parents than I had ever imagined, I was also far more alone than I had considered. "I know a beach that you could take Zin to though! It's small and pretty secluded, but it's nice. Come on, I'll show you."

I sat on a small log gazing out over the water, as the waves crash against the rocks...taking a little part of the stone with them as the pounding waves were pulled back by the ocean. ZinZan ran around playing in the sand, I smiled as he snuffed some seaweed. Letting everything that had happened in the last few days begin to run through my mind over and over again, I tried to relax and except it. Was it real? Did all of this... crazy stuff really happen to me? The girl who isn't talented and isn't special in anyway? Me the girl who gets average grades and spends her Friday nights sitting at home eating popcorn and watching chick flicks alone. My thoughts were stopped there, because of that word... alone... Am I alone?

"Only if you choose to be..." I took in an icy sharp breath; I felt the cold of it go down my throat and straight into my lungs. Why was he here? I sent a mental shriek to attack his head as I sat there, perfectly still. I heard him grunt something; he was clearly in pain "Please aeh Kali please stop..." I ended the shrill cry but did not turn to meet his gaze.

"Why are you here Jason?" my tone was as icy as the breath I had finally exhaled. Could I have slipped into the dreaming world while on the beach? Was this another dream? The only way to know for sure was...was to look into his eyes. To look for darkness in his sole... only then would I know if it was the dark nightmare creature of my dreams or... if it was Jason...Jace. I stood slowly and turned to look at him, he seemed the same...as both of them... I had to look into his eyes closely.

"What did I do to you Kali? Something is wrong I can tell, you're acting like I hurt you so badly that you can't even stand the thought of me... let alone the sight. I need to know. I want to fix it Kali. What ever it was! ... I need to fix it. Because if I don't then I don't think it would be possible for me to do anything." By this time my small slow steps had almost gotten me close enough to see his eyes, but not quite. "Kali please just tell me." His eyes...oh his eyes... they... they were beautiful again. I felt a small smile tug ever so slightly on one side of my lips, just as the center of my eye brows raised. His eyes were wet with fresh tears just starting to fall onto his cheeks. Running the last few steps to him I began to cry to, and when I hugged him I let everything out, all of it, the sadness, the anger, the loneliness, and every other emotion I had, including passion.

Sure, my emotions would catch up to me later... but for now all I felt was happiness. "Jace... nothing... you did nothing!" I gasped as I said it aloud for the first time, making it completely true. "Oh Jace... I'm so sorry!" It wasn't him in my dreams! It was a vile repulsive demon trying to get the best of me by playing with my feelings for Jace! Next time I saw that creature I was going to take him down, this horrid thing had one flaw in his disguise, his eyes...no one could copy Jace's eyes!

What did you guys think? did you like it? i hope so! Next chapter includes some dreaming for sure! Do you guys think she will be able to handle facing down mr. evil demon Jace??? I sure hope so!