Insignia Chapter 3

Vote and comment please!

RECAP:

No one had ever stared at him like that, her icy forest green eyes seemed to pierce right through all his barriers, at that moment Jace felt as if he would answer to any question that she had, he felt as if he would tell her his deepest darkest secrets. Wanting that intense glare to stop, he reached behind his chair grabbing a blanket he had gotten earlier and handed it to her.

Chapter 3.

As Kali kept stared at him she seemed to see right through him, she had never experienced anything like this before looking into those dark mischievous eyes they seemed to crack... no open... she felt as though she could see right into him and know everything yet nothing about him at the same time, who was he?

Painfully slipping the warm blue blanket around her bare torso she tilted her head; she was caught in a trance and so was Jace they couldn't speak, they couldn't look away then somehow Jace managed to raise his hand. Ever so lightly he caressed Kali's cheek with the soft backs of his fingers. As his hand slid down her cheek and reached her chin it turned over, cupping her face as his thumb delicately brushed over her lips he leaned in as he came closer Kali started to go crazy with the need to kiss him she longed for the delicate feel of his warm lips. When finally he was so close that she felt his lips, it was only the slightest touch, so little that at first she thought she had imagined it... so gentle... so tender she wanted more and so did he. Reaching up and lacing her slender arm around his head and into his hair she felt the affection from him all around her, he could feel it coming from her as well. Before she could kiss him again he pulled back with a smirk on his lips but a beaming smile in his eyes.

"I knew you liked me but sorry I just don't feel the same way about you" Jace was saying as Kali just narrowed her eyes at him.

HE DIDN'T LIKE ME! WHAT! "Then why'd you try to kiss me, I didn't even try to kiss you at all!" she countered when she found her voice.

Jace hadn't thought of that crap.... "I was just checking on something, I wanted to see how much you liked me"

"How much do you assume I like you now" she replied quicker than the first time.

Hmm what to say what to say Jace pondered... "Well I could tell you wanted to kiss me pretty bad there and don't deny it I can tell" that should get her.

OH NO WAY he is NOT going to win this one Kali thought right away, "Or maybe I like Matt!" Jace gave her a quizzical look then recognition crossed his face and he laughed "what? For all you know I could be totally in love with him"

He continued laughing but finally clued her in "you mean Mark?!"

That made her mad she swung her legs off the couch and stood up... maybe a little too quickly and felt very dizzy and of course as she was falling Jace caught her she glared and him and in a sarcastic tone said "my savior".

He chuckled again and leaned toward her yet again and whispered "I bet you fell on purpose just so I would catch you"

"Maybe I did... but no I really didn't you just wish I wanted you to hold me" she was playing him and they both knew it.

"Jeez you might as well just go up to your room with her Jace" Laura was standing there with an amused look on her face and 3 cups of tea in her hands.

"Now that you suggest it maybe I will" he replied with a grin.

"Don't I get a say in this! Yes, yes I do! So NO you are not taking me anywhere!!!"

"REJECTED HAHAHA" Laura already knew that she and Kali would defiantly get a long just dandy! "Here Kali I made you some tea Jace let the poor girl sit down and drink her tea and also Jace I made yours extra hot to make up for you... well lets just say lack of *hotness*" she winked at Kali as kali sat down with her warm cup of tea.

Kali looked up, "thanks is this Chamomile tea?"

With a devilish grin Laura said "yours is, Jace's is HOT TEA!" and with a quick movement Kali watched as Laura poured Jace's tea ON HIM!

"HOLY EFF! WHAT THE HELL" Jace exclaimed as he ripped... and I mean ripped off his shirt the two shreds of shirt fell to the floor but Kali wasn't looking at them, she was staring at Jace's bare, wet, and muscular chest then Jace looked down at her and caught her staring in a seductive and sexy voice he said "told you that you like me not matt"

Oh boy! Kali stood up and fought the wave of dizziness as Laura said "NO not your tea! Take mine!" without looking away from Jace's eyes she let Laura switch their tea cups then with a quick reach, she grabbed hold of his pants, yes his pants, and pulled them away from his waist and drained the cup.

"Yeah, I'm totally into you". Kali said with a sneer

Jace practically flew out of the room yelling as he went "you're just trying to get me out of my pants as well!" Kali was about to say something back to him but as he reached the stairs to go to a nice cold shower she suspected, she saw something, on his upper back reaching almost from one shoulder to the other... it was silver like a scar... just like her own mark on her shoulder but there was no brews just the mark.

Her eyes wide, she turned to Laura, "what is that mark on his back?"

"umm ask him about it its his mark... here's your tea... I'm going to go make dinner..." with that Laura quickly went into the kitchen.

Kali muttered a quick "thanks" and sat down. While she sipped her tea, she thought about the mark more and more... what could it mean? Could it be the same kind of mark as her own? But why did hers hurt so much? And why was it turning into such a big brews? Her biggest question though was why did Jace want to see her brews so much? Was it because he knew what it was?

Finally Kali heard the shower shut off, she was finished her tea and was waiting for Jace, she wanted to ask some questions... When he came down it wasn't what kali expected, he was wearing a long pair of navy blue plaid pajama bottoms and... well nothing else no shirt no socks just the pajama bottoms. She couldn't help but stare and he knew it.

"Miss me?" he asked

"No but I know you missed me and wished I was in that shower with you its pretty obvious" she managed to avert her eyes and stare up at his face.

Scowling he walked up to the couch pulled her up and pressed his lean figure against hers leaning down he softly asked "so what if I did?"

She could hardly breath, she didn't like him... did she? She just had to find out, as she leaned in toward him the small tea mug slipped from her hands and fell to the floor, shattering when it hit. Neither of them moved they just stared at each other as they came closer together. She needed to know what it would be like to kiss him... she needed to know if there was chemistry between them. Knowing that Laura was in the other room and that she must have heard the smash of the mug, Kali pulled back... and so quietly that Jace barely heard it she whispered "we better get a broom Laura might kill us.

Taken aback Jace just stood there awkwardly thinking 'why the hell didn't she kiss me... maybe she wasn't lying about liking Mark... was I reading her completely wrong? Did she not feel attracted to me? What was I going to do?' he let his hand slip from her lower back Kali's hands had been resting against his warm chest but fell as he took a small step away.

"You better clean that up Jace, I know it was your fault! Don't make me come in there!" they heard Laura warn.

"Yeah I know; I've got it..." Jace replied.

Jace stepped back toward Kali and they were in the same position, her small cold hands on his chest and his one hand on her lower back but this time Kali felt the second hand slide up to the base of her neck then into her thick hair, pulling her into him even tighter than before.