Insignia Chapter 2

Vote and comment please!

Recap:

Finally looking up I saw four sets of interested and beautiful eyes...who was I kidding? I didn't see four sets of beautiful eyes I saw three sets of eyes and then there were Jason's eyes, they were beautiful.

Chapter 2.

When Kali arrived home the first thing she noticed was that her parents were both out, which gave her time to wash her bed sheets without questions. Going into the bathroom Kali then took off her shirt to investigate her shoulder and was horrified when she uncovered a large bruise almost twice the size as it had been that morning! Kali's observation was soon cut short by the distinct sound of a bell, taking her a second to realize it was the door bell ringing she rushed down stairs.

Gripping the cold brass door handle in her small hand she slowly swung open the door only to realize that she had forgotten to put her shirt back on and was now staring face to face with Jace. Who looked very puzzled and a little interested to Kali's surprise and slight satisfaction.

"Oh, Crap, I'll be right back!" Kali squeaked as she shut the door in his face figuring that it would be better if she was fully clothed when she answered the door. Grabbing a nice elegant blue short sleeved top from her closet and practically throwing it on and giving her hair a flick Kali hurried back to the front door to greet the stunned Jace.

"Do you normally answer our door with no shirt on or did you do that just for me?" he recovered quickly.

Grinning sheepishly, I waited for him to say more; when he didn't, I shyly replied "So... you are at my house..."

"So I am!" he grinned back.

Expecting more of an explanation Kali slowly prodded for more, "well, you see, I was kind of hoping you would tell me why..."

"I suppose you would! Well then, I shall inform you! Myself, Laura, Tammy, and Mark are all going down to the river to go swimming, we were wondering if you would like to come with us!" he finally revealed.

Right away Kali accepted and right away she regretted as she remembered her shoulder... Kali thought quickly "Oh actually I haven't unpacked completely yet and I don't think I would be able to find my bathing suit! It could take hours! Maybe another time... thanks for asking though!"

Clearly he was a quick thinker too because he smoothly countered, "That's alright, Laura can lend you one of hers! She's a girl so she should have about one hundred to choose from... no offence or anything"

As Kali saw a smile beginning to appear on Jace's thin lips she went through all my options because she sure wouldn't be able to hide this bruise in a bathing suit! 'Wait a minuet!' Thought Kali 'I could tell him I might know where it is and that I will check! I'll also tell him that if I can't find it I will just wear shorts and a T-shirt!'

Letting Jace in on her plan and inviting him to sit in the living room while he waited Kali then added "I'll just write a note to my parents telling them where I went first."

Scribbling onto a scrap piece of paper that she might be a while Kali then ran up stares and into her room and first slipping into her bathing suit Kali also looked through her disorganized closet for a large dark shirt and her swimming shorts. She had finally found her shorts after a long five minuets of searching when she heard Jace say from the hallway "Jeez and I thought Laura took a long time to get ready to go places!"

Kali smiled and pulled her shorts on while replying "ha-ha very funny well I bet Laura doesn't have a closet that looks like a twister has gone through it!"