Insignia Chapter 4

I think you'll like this one! Vote and comment please!

RECAP:

Jace stepped back toward Kali and they were in the same position, her small cold hands on his chest and his one hand on her lower back but this time Kali felt the second hand slide up to the base of her neck then into her thick hair, pulling her into him even tighter than before.

Chapter 4.

When their longing lips finally met, it was breathtaking, the tingles that erupted in there lips and continued to spread throughout their bodies were almost painful. Both of them felt the passion that was growing inside them, they felt as if the craving their soles had been feeling was finally being fed; the subconscious aching was gone... there was only one problem, there was a new yearning hunger... they both felt it at once, they wanted more.

As they broke apart they opened their eyes then Kali said something Jace didn't expect at all "no, nope not at all... sorry Jace but I'm just not interested"

"WHAT!" he exclaimed "Why the hell were you kissing me then?!"

"Well actually you kissed me... but I was kissing you back because I wanted to see if there was any possibility that I liked you, but I suppose not I think I will move on to Mark now check that option out... hmm do you by chance have his number?" her eyes were very taunting but Jace just could not tell if she was serious!

"Why don't you ask him yourself? He just got here" Jace crossed his arms and glared at her, now he would really find out what she thought of Mark.

Kali heard the door open then close she quickly knelt picked up the little blanket that she had dropped and rapped it around her. As Kali knelt Jace saw the deep unnatural black brews that had the silver marking in it, a marking that Jace knew well, the marking of-his thoughts were interrupted as Mark walked into the room followed by Tammy; Mark was the first to speak "Kali are you alright? We heard about what happened!"

With a quick glance at Jace Kali turned to face Mark and in a tired sounding voice replied "I'm a little cold and dizzy still but I think I should be fine as long as I rest..."she let her voice trail off as she peered up to mark who had walked over.

With a frown he looked at Jace saying "she's sitting here in her bathing suit and you clearly just took a nice warm shower but all you got her was a little blanket! She must be freezing!" he had taken his jacket off at the door so instead of going and grabbing it mark simple reached around Kali and pulled her onto his lap as he positioned himself comfortably on the couch. Smiling at him and Jace Kali didn't resist but rather leaned into his warm body placing her head against him and closing her eyes.

Hearing Jace stomp away Kali knew he was mad and she figured that she may end up having to say sorry later... wondering where Tammy was she peeked out of one closed eye to see her disappearing into the other room after Jace. Kali was starting to warm up after a few minutes when she heard Marks heartbeat quicken, thinking that someone had come into the room she opened her eyes and raised her head to look around but didn't see anyone then she looked into Marks eyes... they seemed... nervous? Why was he nervous? Then suddenly she found his lips pressed against hers in a nervous kiss. Hearing foot steps they began to pull apart but it was too late, Kali caught the look of tortured betrayal on Jace's face as he dropped the, fuzzy and warm looking blanket he had been carrying, to the floor and spun around walking out of the room with long quick strides.

"Well it looks like someone is jealous that I got the first kiss" Kali was taken aback by the amount of confidence and self assuredness that she heard in Marks amused voice.

Turning back to him she leaned toward him murmuring "you shouldn't be so sure" and with that she slipped from his tight embrace and walked out of the room picking up the blanket Jace had been carrying on her way.

After going through a few rooms she finally found him in a little den like room with dark red walls and mahogany armoire he was sitting on a little couch hunched over is legs, elbows lightly resting on his knees, and hair falling softly over his eyes. With out moving he coldly spoke a question to no one in particular but at the same time only to Kali "is that the kind of girl you are? I guess I shouldn't have assumed you were different..."

Kali's heart clenched as she heard the hurt in his voice she had just met this boy that day but she already felt for him as though she had known him her whole life... no she did not love him, people could not fall in love in a day, love took a long time... she just cared for him as a friend, as a brother, and as more. She didn't know what to say, what could possibly fix what had happened? She had never meant to hurt him... okay maybe that was a lie but she had never meant to hurt him like that she hadn't wanted to kiss mark... this had gone too far. "Jace..." her voice was very quiet closing the door she walked over to him and sat down "before you interrupt let me say something... I know you may not believe me... "But I promise I didn't kiss him... he kissed me"

"So, what does it matter? You kissed him back so who cares who started it?" his voice was still very cold probably colder than before because it was directed right at Kali...she knew he was right, there was no denying it...

"How can I fix it?" Kali used her most apologetic voice.

Finally he looked up to stare into her eyes "by not doing it again, and you have to stay here tonight"

She narrowed her eyes "I never make promises but I will agree to try not to let him think that he can do anything he wants with me, and about staying here, I guess I will ask my parents... wait I'll only ass my parents if I don't have to sleep in your room"

He let a small smile creep into his lips "I suppose then, you have two options... either sleep with Laura in her room or sleep alone in the spare bedroom"

Flipping open her cell phone Kali pressed speed dial on her dads cell number knowing that he was more likely to answer and that he would probably be with mom already anyway.

"Hi Kali whazzup?!" oh jeez not again her dad was trying to be quote "hip and cool like a gangsta teen"

"Oh man, come on dad the gangster life just doesn't suit you... anyway I was wondering if I could sleep over at a friends house... they are our neighbours so you wont have to drive me anywhere! And plus it will help me to get to know them then at least ill have a couple friends!"

Hesitating Harold decided what to do "let me ask the boss honey" Kali then heard him speaking to her mother about the "issue" at hand.

"Dad, tell mom that if I can't stay I will never say thank you and pretend to like another fluffy oink present again!" that would defiantly help her mother decide, even though they ended up returning the presents every time, Kali always had said thank you and held onto them for a few days so her mother could admire them.

"well... alright, but you have to promise not to stay up late and you better not be late or miss school tomorrow you hear me!" of course her dad gave her the normal parent-worrying short speech.

"Of course mom and dad I will." They were pretty good as far as parents go when it comes to going out and sleep over's as long as they knew how long I'd be out and/or where I was sleeping they normally agreed. "Love you guys talk to you later." I ended the call then looked over and Jace as I put my cell phone away.

"You don't have to go get your stuff, you can borrow some of Laura's besides you don't know the way to your house from here and I need to go talk to Laura."

"Humph damn you and your smartness! I guess ill stay here but it doesn't make me any happier! Besides I like wearing my own clothes, my style isn't that bad is it?" hmm well Jace and Laura both had good style so Kali supposed she wouldn't mind borrowing a few clothes.

"Well, at the moment your outfit may be kind of sexy but not all that stylish so I wouldn't think too highly of your style if I were you." He gave her a smirk and stood up pulling her up with him.

Just as Jace thought he was going to get another kiss he felt a sharp and hard punch on his shoulder but when he looked around he didn't see anyone, then he realized it had been Kali jeez she could punch hard! He had been expecting a guy! "jeez you punch like a man!" he exclaimed as he moved around her and reached for the door handle "and by the way what happened to you that night? The night when you got that mark?"

Vote and comment!!! any idea's for what should happen in the next chapter? even though i think i have already decided, what do you think of mark? do you like him or Jace more?!!!?