Insignia Chapter 5

Hope you like this chapter! It's definitely very interesting! Vote and comment please!

RECAP:

Just as Jace thought he was going to get another kiss he felt a sharp and hard punch on his shoulder but when he looked around he didn't see anyone, then he realized it had been Kali jeez she could punch hard! He had been expecting a guy! "jeez you punch like a man!" he exclaimed as he moved around her and reached for the door handle "and by the way what happened to you that night? The night when you got that mark?"

Chapter 5.

Kali froze what could she tell him! She couldn't just say that she had been randomly climbing around caves and then woken up in her room with this random brews! Oh noooo she groaned, and looked at Jace with pleading eyes.

Jace saw that she wasn't ready to tell him but he knew that he needed to find out pretty quickly just what she remembered if he wanted to help her, so instead of arguing he reasoned with her "fine you don't have to tell me right this moment... but I will be looking for my answer... soon, and I know that I will get it. Also, you are going to have to let me take a closer look at that mark... tonight. With that he left the room.

Kali got up to follow him but then decided that instead she better go make up with Mark for just walking out on him... she found him in the kitchen making nacho's yummm "any for me?" she asked while jumping onto the counter and sitting there watching Mark.

"Yeah for sure!" he smiled cheerfully. Wow he was in a good mood she thought considering she had in a way rejected him/ put him down... he kind of reminded her of a boy having his first crush, polite, always happy, and nervous. But on the other hand he was some what cocky... and so was Jace. Great! Now I am comparing them! She thought; Turning off all thoughts of Jace she watched Mark as he bent to get the nacho stuff from the refrigerator he was decent looking, shaggy brown hair and big golden brown eyes, he had an angled jaw that seemed to be fairly relaxed, maybe just a little tense; kali guessed that he was about Jace's height NO SHUT UP STOP thinking about Jace!!! She yelled at herself in her head! Kali tried again, he seemed to be about 6 ft even but she could be wrong... the perfect height for her... as he worked on the nacho's Kali chewed on a carrot he had offered her while she thought about his muscular arms that had pulled her onto his warm lap. That's when she noticed it, a tattoo lacing around his left bicep and up to his shoulder but the odd thing was, was that it wasn't black... or colored it was silver, just like hers, and just like Jace's.

"How did you get that?" Mark was caught off guard when he heard Kali's question, he didn't need to look up to see her narrow finger pointing to the mark on his arm, he knew what she wanted to know... but he couldn't tell her... not now... but hopefully one day he could be completely truthful with her he didn't like what it felt like to lie to her, it felt wrong... more wrong than it did lying to other people so he simple said... "It's just a scar I got a while ago".

It wasn't exactly a lie... it just wasn't the whole truth... that was alright... wasn't it? He wondered if she would question him further, demand an explanation, but he didn't have an answer that she was ready to hear. What could he possibly tell her?

"Okay, I guess we can go with that, for now" she narrowed her eyes at him and took another bite from her carrot as he put the knife down and stepped in front of her putting both his hands onto her lower back, she slipped her hands into his shoulders and around his neck. Smiling sweetly he saw that Kali was about to continue on so he leaned toward her with every intention of kissing her, when one of her hands left his neck, took her carrot from the counter beside them and popped it into his mouth.

"What was that for!" he exclaimed when he managed to spit the carrot out. Jeez she was going to get it now he thought.

"For getting my back wet with red pepper juice and water." She replied then she let out a small scream because Mark had grabbed his full glass of cold water and poured it on her head. Grabbing the first think her hand met, a bottle of purple dish soap, Kali sprayed him yelling "WHAT THE HELL! Take THAT!" oh now she had done it, still holding his cup that now had dish soap in it he jumped across the kitchen to the sink and filled it up with water and splashed the water at Kali who was sliding down from the counter. Kali dropped the bottle of soap, grabbing something from the fridge, OH GOOD it was mustard! This was the beginning of a good fight, she sprayed until the bottle was empty then she grabbed the ketchup bottle and continued squirting, as she was spraying that he had grabbed the yogurt and was throwing globs of it at her. After a short time they both were once again out of ammo and turned to the fridge both of their eyes fell on the eggs, kali dove for them, and being closer, got them but she didn't anticipate there being another carton under the first, Mark grabbed that one and they started throwing. By the time they were done both of them were covered in slimy eggs and all kinds of different foods even milk!

Kali then started laughing so hard that she managed to slip and fall on the floor and when Mark reached down offering her help up she pulled him down into the slime as well, they lay on their backs, laughing their asses off until the heard people coming, raising their heads they saw Tammy, Laura, and Jace walk in with horrified expressions on their faces. Kali and Mark just looked at each other, and both said "It was her/his fault! She/He started it!" and burst into another round of laughter.

"Oh nooooo" Laura exclaimed "this'll take ages to clean up... DIBS ON NOT CLEANING!" and she ran from the scene, Tammy close on her heals.

Jace just stared at them, and spoke "you two are cleaning this up, but right now get the hell into the back yard so I can hose you off.

After about 5 minutes of standing out in the cold crispy evening being hosed off Jace gave them two towels before finally letting them go inside. Kali could have sworn that he took as long as he possibly could have to hose them off, luckily she had bean in her bathing suit so it hadn't taken too long and he had made Mark strip to his boxers which was amusing because Mark's face had gone BRIGHT red. Then before even having a warm shower they were made to clean up the disgusting mess in the kitchen which took at least a freezing half an hour.

Jace then walked up us the stairs... well he kind of carried Kali because she was really cold... and led them to his room where he threw some clothes at Mark and instructed him to go to the downstairs bathroom. Then looking at Kali he tilted his head "Laura and Tammy when into town to get some more milk and eggs, along with all the other things you two threw at each other, so I guess ill give you this for now." Handing her lump of clothes he led her down the dark hallway to a white and green bathroom, turned on the shower and walked out saying as he left "don't worry the clothes are all clean.

Kali stepped into the shower; the hot water pelted her icy skin sending pins and needles through her body. It felt good and refreshing but it burned kali's brewsed shoulder so quickly washing her hair and shut the water off. Then stepping out into the steamy bathroom and drying off, Kali slipped the large sweater that Jace had handed her on, and then she slipped into his... yes... his BOXERS! As she pulled a pair of sweat pants on over the boxer's she quickly realized they were too big because they simply fell to her ankles, oh well she thought, boxers and sweater it is. Picking up Jace's sweat pants she went looking for him. Finding him in his room she handed him the pants "they're too big..."

"oh... well I guess that could be a problem..." he looked down at her bare legs and thinking that she might be cold in just boxers he added "are you cold cause I could probably find a belt"

"No, I'm alright for now thanks..."she stared into his eyes and continued "besides I could always take your heat from you if I wanted"

Kali leaned forward and put her arms around his neck, and he reached around her slender form pulling her in "that would be alright with me" he winked leaning to kiss her lightly.

The Kiss was more passionate then the first had been, but not as tender, Kali pressed her body into his and Jace responded by pulling her closer. The sparks where back, the tingles, the desire, everything was back. Kali wondered how she could feel so much at one time, she thought her sole was going to rip open, she never wanted this to end... but unfortunately they both pulled back when they heard Laura's voice yelling "I'm home" from the front door.

They stood there in a daze staring into each other's eyes until Jace whispered, "this doesn't mean you don't have to tell me all about your little trips threw the caves."

Vote and Comment!!! Commenting definitely makes me want to write more and more, just today (mostly because of Susie0990) i wrote 3 WHOLE CHAPTERS!!! so comment comment comment!!!