Insignia Chapter 10

Well, this chapter is a little short... but its good, and the begining is... well you'll find out! go read! ill blabb at the end!

Vote and comment please!

RECAP

When our laughter subsided Laura sighed, "Do you think Pinny and Zin-I mean ZinZan oh what the heck I'm calling him Zin... will get along?"

Smiling I looked down at ZinZan who was on my bed curled up beside me sleeping, then to my right where Pinny was curled up on Laura also sleeping. "Well I guess there is only one way to find out!" slowly sliding my hands under the small black kitten I picked her up and put her back down right next to ZinZan. Both slightly raising their head's the looked at each other for a moment before continuing their nap. "Well I think that's the start of a good friendship! I'm feeling really tired, I think maybe I want to get some rest if that's alright with you Laura".

"Yeah of course! Actually I should too! Cause its 9:30 already and I have to get up early... don't worry you don't have any classes tomorrow, but you should probably look around the school, theirs a leash for...Zin... in the coat closet by the door, you can take him with you so he can get some exercise! Oh, and if he poops in her you have to clean it up!"

Chapter 10.

Kali's POV

Sweat was dripping down my neck and along my spine making me shiver. The dark shadow was getting closer and closer then I tripped on a little jagged rock; the shadow caught my ankle and jerked, I head the snap as I cried out. "Well, well little bird you can't run anymore can you" the phrase wasn't meant as a question but I answered anyway.

"Birds fly asshole!" I spat menacingly at Jace as I used my good foot to kick him hard in the face. Stumbling back momentarily I could see that he was very angry.

"Little bitch!" Jace leapt forward I saw the blood dripping from his nose as he leapt toward me. As the blade came down and pierced my skin then slid into my heart, I wished that it was all a dream and that I could control it... my heart stuttered and almost stopped NO I would NOT die like this! Jace did NOT have power over me! But I couldn't move I tasted the rusty flavor of blood in my mouth as it trickled from my flushed lips and oozed across my pale face. My stomach tightened as I tried to ignore the pain I coughed making blood spray from my mouth and freckle my white skin. Wow, first training session at this school and Jace stabs my heart I didn't know the students were aloud to do that. Focusing my eyes one last time I looked into Jace's eyes thinking I might fine warmth, regret, the need to help, or anything other than what I was feeling from him at the moment... but I didn't see any of it, none... Just darkness, and hate... but Jace didn't hate me! This was all wrong I looked closer in my last moments and saw not hate, no; I saw angry love, and betrayal. But what did I do to him? I reached up with a trembling hand and placed it, shaking, on his cheek my fingers lacing through his soft hair, the pain from my heart seared through me and doubled my hand felt like it was on fire. As my heart did its last beat I closed my eyes and sighed glad that the pain was gone.

Laura's POV

Waking up to something with a very rough tongue licking my eye lids I sat up and wiped the sleep from my eyes and peeled them open. There just in front of me was Pinny the tiniest little kitten I have ever seen. She had pure black fur and was adorable. Picking Pinny up as I stepped out of bed I cuddled her for a moment then placed her on my pillow pulling the covers up so the bed was semi-made. Next on the morning list SHOWER! I felt all gross and stinky! Checking my clock quickly I saw that it was 3:29 that means 1 minuet till the alarm! Damn that kitty had good timing! Flicking the alarm off I grabbed some clothes and headed to the bathroom. Brushing my hair quickly I then jumped in the shower. As the warm refreshing water poured over my skin I began to think about Kali... would she be alright here? I mean she didn't really seem like the fighting type. Plus she is completely pissed at Jace because she blames the whole thing on him... I guess in a way it is kind of his fault though... he did push the idea of her coming here, we could have healed her just fine back at the house then given her the choice of coming here, and explaining everything to her first... but Jace wanted to rush things and now look what happened! They hate each other!

Applying a little eyeliner and mascara I stepped back, I looked good today! I had my irises a nice yellow color today but not to bright, my blond hair was slightly wavy and I was dressed in all black, black shorts and a thick strapped tank with a sports bra underneath. Grabbing a thick hair elastic from a drawer and putting it on my wrist for later classes I went back into the room. Saying goodbye to Pinny and stepping into the hallway I closed the door quietly behind me. Looking up at the clock in the hallway I saw that it was 4:25 great 5 minuets to get to class! I hate early classes!

Did you guys like it?!?!?! what do you think of it?!?! if you have any questions, ask away! and also just to clarify, their classes are always random sometimes they find out about them as they start! :P

VOTE and COMMENT! i really love comments! even if its just "nice chapter" or even jsut a smiley i just like to know that people like the chapter!