Chapter 13- The Aftermath

I woke up in a hospital bedroom, not the most comforting place to wake up. I guess it was around 10:00 AM. My parents were asleep in the recliner in the far right corner. Lucy to my left side and Jesse to my right side. All of them were sleeping peacefully, jesse looked adorable by my side. His head was laying on the edge of the bed and he was holding my hand tightly. Lucy was sleeping with her mouth open as normal, her head was cocked to her side and she was sleeping in an awkward position. Her light red hair all over the side of the hospital bed. I observed my tempoary bedroom, and noticed a food table with pork and black beans,   "what is this a mexican restuarant?" i thought to myself. I looked down my body to see where the injuries were from the night before. Bruises covered my wrists and ankles. The bright blue and purple colors on my wrists sent a shiver up my spine. On the other hand my ankles were yellow and blue bruises, a lot more nasty looking. The bruises were like a ring around my ankles from the tight rope rodgers tied me in. I tried to sit up but a horrible pain shot through my head. I touched the back of my head and felt a thick cotton bandage, i suppose the gash on my head was pretty bad. I started to lay back down but realised i had to go to the bathroom, like really bad. I tried to sit up again but the pain was just unbareable. I had made lots of noise trying to get up and that woke my mother up. Her eyes slowly peeked open and once she saw me awake, her face lit up and a smile came across  her face. 

" Oh thank god!" My mom said breathlessly.

" What? was i out for like three days or something?" i said in a surprised tone.

" No but a full day, the doctors were worried about the gash in your head"

" Is it that bad?" 

" Yes, its very bad. The doctors were worried that you might have slight memory loss, or something worse" 

" Worse?"

" Its a very deep gash tess, it could have caused brain damage" my mother whispered the last part.

" Wow" was all i could say. Slowly everyone started to wake. Lucy woke up and then dad and jesse woke up at the same time. My dad rushed to my side.

" Are you alright Tessie?" he said while reaching for my hand.

" I feel okay, i just really have to use the bathroom." a smile spread across my dads face. " But i can't move very fast, my head hurts when i move" the smile on my dads face fell instantly back to saddness. 

" Let me get a nurse" my dad said and he strode out the room door. His short black hair was messy, and he had heavy bags under his once bright brown eyes. Everyone sat around me like i was so interesting to look at, i guess after almost being killed by some freak. They wanted to a keep a close eye on me, but lets hope not as close as this. Dad came back into the room with a nurse and she had some bag of white stuff, it looked kinda sticky inside the bag. The nurse was an older woman maybe about 55 or 60 years old, her gray/blond hair was in a tight bun.