Chapter 9: Red Camaro

Khyree

"Get yo ass up!"

I felt a smack to the side of my head and groaned, "Chill."

"Khyree I am not one of your lil' niggas, get your ass up. It's four in the afternoon." My momma said, all in my ear.

"Momma I'm sleep, damn." I turned the other way.

"You're not sleep, you hung over. You know what? Get the hell out my house boy." She snapped.

"Man, what?" I squinted my eyes up at her.

"I said get out my house. You better be gone by the time I come back from the store." She slammed my bedroom door behind her.

I sucked my teeth and sat up. I loved my momma, but I couldn't stand her ass half the time. Her ass stayed kicking me out every other week. I really needed my own crib. A few more nights at the club, and I could make it happen.

I threw on a white hoodie, sweatpants, and black and white retros. It was a lil' chilly as I stepped outside and I lit a blunt, strolling over to my car.

Before I could unlock the door, Pharaoh and his crew rounded the corner. I exhaled my smoke as they came up the sidewalk towards me. Pharaoh sized me up.

"Yo Ree, my sources say you on the pole now. That how you copped that whip?" He laughed, and so did the rest of his goons.

"Fuck outta here with all that man. You soundin' real sus right now."

"So you denying facts?"

"Nah. You should be more worried about whose dick your sister suckin' today."

That got him hot and he pulled up his shirt to reveal a gun, "I swear if you wasn't the father of my niece, I woulda been bodied yo bum ass man."

"You gone do it with that water gun homie?" I chuckled. "Don't show out now, come get another ass whoopin'."

"Let's go man, we got another drop." One of the two niggas behind him spoke.

He mugged me, "Next time I see you, it's on sight."

"Mhm."

I opened my car door while they continued the way they were going. "Man, I got something for that nigga..." I heard him mumble.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I stopped in front of Buy the Way, cutting the engine. Adrienne been ignoring my calls for a week now, and I was too impatient to keep blingin' up her boujee ass phone.

I made sure I was straight before heading inside. There was a lady in one of the aisles and I asked her if Adrienne was working today.

"She's done in like ten." She popped her gum and looked me up and down, "Are you her man?"

"Yeah." I sized her up before going to find her.

I found her by the candles, smelling them. "It don't look like you working."

She jumped and turned around real quick, dropping one. "Fuck, look at what you made me do stupid!"