Chapter 7: Sellin' Dope

Khyree

"Where my money at Khyree?"

Rhonda followed me to the back and I stopped, digging around in my pocket to pull out a stack and throw it at her. "There go your damn money."

She mugged me and bent down to retrieve what should've been $2,000

"Where you get all this from? It better not be no damn drug money, I swear."

"Don't worry about it. And while you at it, use some to deodorize that fishy ass pussy" I snapped.

That set her off and before I knew it, she was yelling all sorts of things at me. "That's not what you was saying when you was all up in it Khy!"

"That was a long time ago baby." I retorted.

Rhonda was light complected, with hazel eyes and short wavy hair that stopped at her chin. She was a lil' thing, standing at just 5"2, and had also been considered one of the baddest females when I went to high school.

I was just eighteen when I got her pregnant, her being sixteen at the time. Nearly five years later I still couldn't stand her ass, but I'll never regret where we stand now all because of my baby girl.

I was your typical ass young nigga, swearing up and down Sasha wasn't mine.

I didn't show up to doctors visits, chip in any hospital expenses, or even call. But when I saw her for the first time five months after she was born, there wasn't no denying her. She had too many of my features.

I would do anything for my baby, even deal with Rhonda's irksome ass.

"I don't got time to argue with you today Rhon, where my daughter at?" I asked calmly.

"In her room sleeping, so don't go waking her up." She said with attitude laced in her voice.

"You the one yellin'."

Rhonda followed me to the back, watching as I scooped Sasha up in my arms. She didn't even stir, so I grabbed her over night bag and slung it over my shoulder.

"You lucky Pharaoh not here to see how you disrespecting me in my house." She said as I made my way to the door.

"He the lucky one, I'll whoop that nigga's ass again." I shot back.

Pharaoh was Rhonda's older brother. He also thought he was so big and bad cause he belonged to the crips, so I had to beat his ass a while back. He hated me, which was understandable.

I would hate any nigga who impregnated my little sister and then ghosted her ass.

She nagged me all the way to the car, even as I strapped Sasha into her booster seat.

"One of these days imma catch you slipping." She said as I got into the drivers seat.

"Looking forward to it." I said with a yawn. "Imma drop her off tomorrow."

"You supposed to have her the whole weekend." She crossed her arms.

"I got shit to do." I said simply.

Tomorrow was Saturday, meaning I was due to take Adrienne out. Her ass was so convinced it was gone be a one time thing but I wasn't gonna stop till I got what I wanted.

"Why can't your momma watch her?"

"She going to her stupid ass book club meeting thingy." I mumbled.