Chapter 6: Moves

Adrienne

"Should I cheat on Reggie tonight?"

Irene turned around in the mirror and studied the tight black dress she wore along with a jean jacket and black Giuseppe Zanotti heels.

"Girl don't test him, you know he'll Chris Brown that ass." I was just joking of course, but something in me felt scared for Irene. I was afraid that he was really gonna hurt her one of these days.

"You got jokes, some of those strippers had me ready to throw this ass in a circle." She started to snap her fingers and move her hips to imaginary music and I rolled my eyes.

"Let's go."

We took a cab to Chocolate City, each of us with a few empty flasks in our purses.

Our plan was to get as much free liquor from the bartender as we could, using some of our charm.

At first, I wasn't even going to think about coming back to this weak ass club, but my subconscious got the best of me. Khyree wasn't going to tell me what to do, or better yet call me boring. I was far from, and his ass didn't intimidate nor deter me.

Irene was ecstatic of course, so we both decided to come out tonight.

We went up to the bouncer and were immediately let in, much to the dismay of the cheap hoes behind us. It was live as soon we got inside and I spotted Khyree dancing on stage.

He was staring at me as he rubbed up on some other bitch and I rolled my eyes, looking away.

Irene clutched my arm."Let's go get fucked up!"

I agreed to that and we went to the bar to start on our master plan.

I was on my second drink when I felt a tap on the shoulder. It was a tall Hispanic man and and he smiled at Irene and I. "You two don't have to swindle the bartender by any means. Freddie, get these two ladies a bottle." He said to the guy behind the bar.

Irene giggled, "You work here?"

"Yeah, my name's Enrique. Dance?" He held out his arms and Irene and I took the opportunity to follow him to the dance floor.

Drake's 'Feel No Ways' was blasting throughout the club now and I actually felt myself loosening up and enjoying the atmosphere.

Irene and Enrique eventually looked like they were really getting into each other. This left me dancing with Lonnie, a stripper I assumed was gay. I was having fun and giggled as he twirled me around.

The song ended and I fanned my self. "I need to sit down."

"Girl I'm with you on that, but I need to do my performance in about ten. Gimme your number?"

I decided he was too fun not to see again and gave him my phone so he could type his number in it. I let Irene know I was going to the bar though she barely paid attention to me, too busy sucking face with Enrique.

I told myself it wasn't my business and headed back to the bar. Ten minutes later I was on my fifth drink and just a little bit past tipsy.

I looked up and saw Khyree at the other end of the bar, giving me a Kool-aid grin. He made his way towards me and I groaned to myself.