Chapter 23: Magnums & Deceit

Adrienne

(3 months later)

"I don't know...I haven't really seen him. You think that makes me a shitty girlfriend?" I looked up from my green tea, across the table at Irene.

We were at the cafe around the corner from my house, and I gripped my teacup for warmth. Irene pursed her lips and rolled her eyes, "Girl don't be so hard on yourself. I mean you tried everything you could right? Don't blame yourself over some baby momma drama."

I nodded to myself. After Rhonda had taken Sasha, I tried to be Khyree's rock. We had went to the police, however since Rhonda had custody of Sasha, they couldn't rule it as a kidnapping. We'd turned Atlanta upside down looking for her, and it hurt to know that I couldn't take his pain away. He began to push me away not too long after that and I realized that maybe all he needed was some time to himself, so I havent spoken to him in around 2 months.

I shook my head and leaned forward, "Yeah let's talk about something else. The baby? How is she?"

Irene grinned and whipped out her new rose gold iPhone 8 to show me pictures, "She's doing so good, look at my tink!" I grinned as she swiped through the pictures of one month old Zina. She was gorgeous with her dark curly hair and warm chocolate eyes.

This had to be her first time being away from the baby, she hadn't really talked about anything else all day. But of course I didn't mind, especially since I was her godmother. "Have you talked to Enrique?" I said sipping my tea.

Her smile faltered, "Somewhat. He really wants to see Zina, but I don't wanna give him false hope. She might be Reggie's."

I raised my eyebrows, "No comment."

Irene waved me away, "What about you miss thing? As far as Khyree's concerned, y'all two don't have a baby. When you plan on telling him?"

I sighed and instinctively clutched my tiny baby bump. I was going on four months now and Khyree still didn't know. "It's complicated. He's so damn worried about Sasha, I haven't found a good time to tell him. Plus he hasn't answered my calls in damn there two months."

"Girl you have to pop up on his ass."

"I don't know where he is-"

Irene's phone momentarily went off and I shook my head as she stuck her tongue out and grinned. It had to be Pharaoh, the guy she'd been seeing for a minute. I had yet to meet him but apparently he was good to her.

"I gotta go, Zee is probably missing me and-"

I rolled my eyes, "Bitch just go, I'll be fine."

She hopped up and gave me several kisses on the cheek. "I love you, call me later. And we gotta get started on planning your baby shower."

Before I could protest she was out the door.

I sighed and made my way out of the door, over to the Benz Khyree had bought me. I imagine it was pretty close to being repossessed, since payments hadn't been made in three months. I definitely couldn't afford it, so before they came to take it I was looking at older used cars.

I sat in the driver seat for a moment before starting the car and driving to the edge of town. When I knocked on the door, Momma Williams opened with a surprised look on her face."

"Adrienne? Girl get out this cold, when we're you gonna tell me you were pregnant?" She said fussing, even after closing the door.

I widened my eyes, "How did you know?"

I was wearing a pretty chunky black sweater, along with tight blue jeans and black over the knee boots. It was next to impossible to see my bump.

"I didn't but you just confirmed it. Does Khyree know?" She took a seat across from me, staring at me with worry.