Chapter 17: The Jealousy

"Do you think this would look good on me?" I ask Ross, holding up a pink shirt with a floral print on it. He's turned around staring off into space and doesn't even hear me.

"Ross?" I ask again, louder this time.

"Ross!" I almost shout, causing a few other customers to turn and look at me. I give them an apologetic smile as Ross finally turns around to look at me.

"Yeah?" He simply asks.

I roll my eyes, "Do you think this shirt would look good on me?" I ask him again, holding up the shirt and looking in the mirror beside the rack of clothes.

"Laur, you look good in anything." He tells me. I didn't even see him look at the shirt.

"That's so not true but thanks." I say, smiling at him. I put the shirt back, deciding that I don't like the shade of pink on myself.

"It is true and you know it." He states.

Last night, after Ross took a nap and came down from his sugar high, his siblings told him that he'd eaten too much candy again and that I had watched him all afternoon.

Knowing how crazy he can get when he's eaten too much sugar, he called me and apologized for acting like a drunk person and thanked me for watching over him and making sure he didn't do anything stupid. I told him all of the crazy things he did or said and he almost died laughing when I told him that he almost threw me out the window.

To make up for his behavior, he said he would take me to do whatever I wanted. I picked shopping just because I know he hates it.

So we're at the mall and I'm dragging Ross through practically every store. Every time I go to buy something he offers to pay for it but I refuse since I'm already dragging him around and making him hold my bags. He gets frustrated when I turn away his money but I don't want him spending his hard earned money on things I can buy myself.

"See, isn't this fun!" I exclaim as we walk out of the store.

"Best day of my life." He mumbles sarcastically under his breath but I catch it and send him a small but playful glare. His hatred for shopping is greatly amusing me.

I decide to give him a break and ask him if he wants to go eat before we continue our shopping journey. He happily agrees, eager to get a rest from bag holding and following.

When we get to the food court, we pass the entrance doors that we came in at.

"Hey can I go put your bags in the car? It's right outside and I don't wanna carry them anymore." Ross ask me.

I nod. "Yeah go ahead."

"Stay right here. Don't move." He commands me before quickly kissing my cheek and walking towards the doors with all my bags.

Doing as he says, I begin to look around the food court to decide what I want to eat.

As I'm looking around I notice a young man who looks to be about my age drop his wallet. He was putting it into his pocket and didn't realize that he missed his pocket and he begins to walk off, leaving his wallet laying on the ground.

Being the kind person I am, I quickly rush over and pick up his wallet and then I start following him, trying to get his attention.

"Hey, wait!" I shout over the noise of other customers eating.

The man turns to look at me and I quickly walk up to him and hold out his wallet.

"You dropped your wallet back there. I didn't want you to loose it." I tell him.

He smiles at me, taking his wallet from my hand and putting it in his pocket.

"Thank you so much. I'm so glad you stopped me because I never would have noticed that I lost it."

"Of course, anytime." I say, grinning. It feels so good to help others when you can.

"Sorry if this sounds creepy but you look kind of familiar." He says, furrowing his eyebrows a bit.

I smile again, "Yeah I get that a lot. I'm Lau-" I get interrupted by an arm going around my shoulders. I immediately know who it is.

"Babe, are you ready to go eat?" Ross asks me, pulling me tight into his chest.

I reach up and grab his hand that's around my shoulder, knowing he's only doing this because of our fake dating agreement.

He intertwines our fingers together and I turn to face him only to see him glaring at the poor guy.

"Yeah. Come on let's go eat." I tell Ross. He turns us around so fast I barely get the chance to say bye to the man.

"Thank you again!" I hear him yell as Ross pulls me farther away from him.

"Ross, slow down. I'm gonna fall over!" I exclaim as he pulls me to a table that seats two people. He sits down and pulls me down so I'm sitting sideways on his lap. Both of his arms wrap around my waist. He's still glaring at something in he distance and I already know who it is.

I sigh and rest my head on his shoulder. "Ross, are you jealous?" I ask him. I already know he is but I want him to admit it.

"Yes I'm jealous!" He exclaims. Woah. I was expecting him to deny it. "I come back from putting your bags in the car and I find some guy all over you! You're my girlfriend. Mine."

"Well technically, I'm not your girlfriend." I tell him.

"I know, but in public, technically you are." He places a kiss on to the top of my head.

"Hey look, girlfriend stealer walked away. What do you want to eat Laur?" He asks a few seconds later like none of that just happened.

Before I can answer he interrupts, "I'm paying." He says it so firmly I'm not about to argue.

I sigh again, "Get me a cheeseburger and fries."

***********************************
Heyy guys!

I hope you enjoy this chapter! I realized that most of my chapters don't really have a meaning to the whole book so I'm working on that.

This story hit 1k views!!! 👏🏻

Thank you sooo much! This is amazing!

Chapter 18 coming soon! 💕

Published: June 5, 2017